ADVISE - Zgemma H2H will not flash ??

bilabonic

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi All

Trying to flash a mates Zgemma H2H with new Wooshbuild BUT it keeps going to BOOT ?

I always use my trusty genuine 8Gb Sandisk USB drive and i have flashed this box before with it...

I have tried formatting USB, tried another two USB pens, also holding or pressing power on button, but still boots ?

When i try it in my box it goes into Flash mode ??

Any ideas ??

Thanks

Going to try formatting the 8Gb Sandisk Cruiser with HDDGURU, low level format...

Don't know if that build is different from openatv 6.1 ?

but have a look in the folder and see if there is a file called NOforce and just rename it to force

Yea, i checked for the Force file, found that via google...

I also tried the Low level format, the normal format and still not seen (my box seen it/went into flash) ? I did do a Fast Format even though guide sated NOT to...

Looking into FTP to box and then settings>Software Man>Flash online/local...select local.

It is Openatv 6.1

Last edited:
I had the same problem on a mate's zgemma, turned out to be a dodgy usb socket at the back. A little pressure on the stick and it flashed fine. If your stick has an led see if it's illuminating.

I;ve always flashed from the front usb, i did try the back one, i also give the usb a dust out....

I thought zgemma had to be flashed from the rear USB only

All H2H box's and a triple tuner model all flashed from the front...Still no luck anyway

I just tried USB on my box/rear port..Straight to flash, no problems.

I am thinking of trying above, FTP Zgemma folder to TMP, then flash using box -menu>setup>Software Managment>flash online/local and select LOCAL ??

Just not sure what files/folder to FTP to box exactly ?

BUT i don't think it's picking up any USB ports...I could try sticking an IPK file on USB and see if it asks to install it ??

Have you tried an online update or don't the image you run support that

It's on Wooshbuild Version 1.005 by Chababu (Chabs Da Great)....lol.

openATV V6.0

I just found a microSD in the side ? Thought YES there problem, but still the same HOW that got in there i do NOT know ? My mate can just about turn a PC on and has no idea about box's ??? He's denied it??

The image i am putting on is updated Woosh and openATV V6.1

Another surprise, it's NOT even the box i sold him !!!

Just noticed back port was slightly different, no loop out...

It's actually a Zgemma H5.2TC, not that makes a difference BUT i know these flash from rear port..and are pain.

All sorted, installed openTV 6.2 and WB Infinity, very impressed with it tbh....

I have a load of H2H box's to do now, can i just set one up,then download the single image to flash others, save going through the wizard etc...PLUS i had to add a newcamd.list folder as there was not one there ??

Cheers

remove you cline and then blue button/complete backup to Green to USB and your all sorted take about 3mins to make USB stick.

just flash away and copy correct cline to there box

Is the same way to flash, box off, insert USB, turn on ? Or do you have to flash via menu/options ?

My H2H is just stuck on boot now.....Time for a can of Stella....lol

Cheers

I remember trying to flash my h2h and it just stuck on boot, removed the ethernet and flashed again from the front usb port and all was good.

Back