samsung Omnia + tomtom

phawk754

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
can anyone plz give me some help it's starting to drive me mad..lol

after downloading lots and lots of ver of tomtom and maps i am still not getting it to work on my phone

could someone plz pm links to tomtom and the maps that will work on my phone and some info on how to install it plz or post the info on here

cheers for any help with this ,,starting to do my head in

shot in the dark m8 have you tried the tt7 for the navigo. Psk00 thread. Not sure if it would work on a mobile but afaik the navigo runs on the same as a mobile. Try it and his tut. (If you have not already have lol)

cheers for the reply guys

right i have tomtom installed and working but it will not pick up any gps signal , anyone got a clue ?

yes at long last my tomtom is working ...lol

just in case anyone has this ,here is the info that fix it for me

1st - Settings:
In external GPS settings - program port "COM7" and hardware port "COM9" at 4800. (note: Make sure your TomTom configure also follows COM7 port!)
2nd - Reboot
Then I shut off the device completely (complete off), and reboot. Once I reboot.
3Rd - Delete the 'GPSID_log' files
I go to File Explorer --> My Device and I delete the TWO 'GPSID_log' fileS.
[note: the reboot step is absolutely necessary, because if you don't reboot, then it won't allow you to delete one of the 'GPSID_log' file!!!]
4th - Start TomTom OUTSIDE (under the clear sky) and within 20 - 30 secs the program catches the satellites (they show up on the configure screen). But not only that - after 1-2 minutes the software actually CONNECTS to the satellites (the satellites turn BLUE) and in the front screen it says - no route planned! Note: You Must Wait Until The Front Screen Says "No Rote Planned" and the map is in color (opposed to black and white) before you start setting your destination, otherwise it will keep on hanging and just showing you the satellites in grey without ever turning into blue.

cheers all for the help

Just saw your thread m8, I have got tomtom to work fine on mine also. At first I put in tomtom v6, straight navigo copy and it worked fine. Only issue was I had to use gpsgate and manually create icon. Bit annoying so I then removed it and followed the instructions given by devil666x on installing tomtom 7 and that worked fine. I didnt even need GPSGate.

can anyone plz give me some help it's starting to drive me mad..lol

after downloading lots and lots of ver of tomtom and maps i am still not getting it to work on my phone

could someone plz pm links to tomtom and the maps that will work on my phone and some info on how to install it plz or post the info on here

cheers for any help with this ,,starting to do my head in

Hi guys, I found this thread last night and Ive been struggling with the same issues for days now. I've downloaded 1.5GB of TomTom, Nav N Go, maps for both... GPSGate... Jbed ... I've spent way to many hours trying to get a GPS program working with my Samsung Omnia i900. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Back