Samsung LE40A616A problem

did you ensure the caps went in the right way round m8? theyre polarised (have a +ve side)

how many did you change?

did you ensure the caps went in the right way round m8? theyre polarised (have a +ve side)

how many did you change?

I changed them all (in the picture) with the exact same values. Made sure they went in the right way too :)

It's the exact same problem as before. I switch it on via the remote, no pic. The red light does flash so it is receiving something. If I then use the invisible button on the front of the set to turn it off and turn it on again, it comes on fine.

It's sort of ok at the moment cause the missus knows what to do... but when that don't work... :(

when it comes on with the remote, if youre in a dark room, can you see the backlights on behind the screen?

when it comes on with the remote, if youre in a dark room, can you see the backlights on behind the screen?

Thanks for the reply :)

I've just switched it off via the remote. It went off :)
I switched it on via remote. The red light on the front flashed twice quickly... no picture... no backlight.
Run my finger over the standby on the front of the telly... Switches off.
Run my finger over standby button again... Switches on, backlight comes on, picture appears, wife happy again ;)

this is of no help to you but i was reading this post the other day and a mate pop round asking me to look at his tv for him ,yep it was a samsung would not turn on just keeps clicking got some new caps and put them on the board and now the tv is working fine ,,so cheers for the info guys ,this has help me a lot

this is of no help to you but i was reading this post the other day and a mate pop round asking me to look at his tv for him ,yep it was a samsung would not turn on just keeps clicking got some new caps and put them on the board and now the tv is working fine ,,so cheers for the info guys ,this has help me a lot

I wish it did help me :p
Glad you sorted your mates though

This is a bit of a shot in the dark, but as it turns on fine with fixed buttons, I thought it sounded remote related! This could of course still could be a chip related problem.

Have u checked if a firmware update is avaiable for your model?

Is it the proper remote or universal? Can u try a Universal?

What u want to test if possible is the discreet power on/off remote codes if they are available as they are different from a power on/off toggle code and might just identify if the remote is playing a part.

Fit new batteries in remote for good measure.

This is a bit of a shot in the dark, but as it turns on fine with fixed buttons, I thought it sounded remote related! This could of course still could be a chip related problem.

Have u checked if a firmware update is avaiable for your model?

Is it the proper remote or universal? Can u try a Universal?

What u want to test if possible is the discreet power on/off remote codes if they are available as they are different from a power on/off toggle code and might just identify if the remote is playing a part.

Fit new batteries in remote for good measure.

Thanks for the reply... took a while getting back.
It happens with both original remote and the harmony remote. It does receive something when I point the remote at it because the light on the front flashes quickly.
But... touch wood, it's been working fine for the last few days. Maybe I moved that bit of dust when I put it back together!!

know this is quite an old thread, but i had issues with a samsung (was given it because it didnt work)

was giving me all sorts of weird issues, not turning on properly, weird colours and glow around text etc.

ended up taking out the eeprom, blanking it and all was well, just had it set it all back up from the service manual settings and been working fine ever since.

not bad for free.

Back