Samsung Galaxy S II ("i9100") custom rom help.

mcgirt

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all,

I decide to put the cyanogenmod rom on my phone. I was following the guide but I've hit a brick wall. I've been checking the net and finding various posts but I can't help but feel I'm getting deeper in a hole. So, hopefully someone here can help me.

I've been able to get CWM-based recovery v6.0.2.9 on the phone. I'm trying to "install zip from side load". The problem is adb keeps giving me an error that the device can't be found. It looks like a driver issue but I've installed the required driver (I think) and my windows 7 pc recognises the phone. The problem seems to be with ADB. I tried stopping and starting the server but still no devices are listed. Pretty stuck and don't want to keep going and make things worse.

Any suggestions?

I'm no expert on what your asking mate, but the girlfriend has the s2, and to connect to hers
we use samsung kies or connect with a bluetooth dongle.

Can't you just copy the zip file to the phone from your computer then use recovery mode to install the zip file?
(I should say I've never used adb though)
Good luck,
HH.

After starting the thread I tried that and it kind of worked. The problem I have now is that Cyanogen boots but just sits on the start up screen. Thinking I should try wiping it and trying an older version.

I'd suggest using the info from modaco or similar, see what version of CWM defo works & try it.
HH.

Thanks for your help lads, I got it working in the end. I found a website with a tutorial on flashing the phone back to stock, which I done just to get it back to a known base to start on. Then followed another tutorial to get the cyanogenmod working. The strange thing was I pretty much done the same a tutorial first time round, but didn't clear a couple of caches. I'm not sure if that was problem but I've no intentions of testing!

Once again thanks for the replies. I've put the link to website I used below, mods please remove if I've broken rules.

mobilenetworkcomparison.org.uk/

Ive flashed just about every rom there is to flash on the s2 and s4 haha everytime you flash a new rom you have to clear the caches it cleans all internal settings from your old rom, have a look for some stock roms based on the s4 or s5 roms these roms really bring the s2 up to date.

Back