Sammy Help - Numerous Box Keys

Hi,

If you're not getting past ld:20 it sounds as though the box is going into a normal power up cycle and stopping at ld:20 when it sees no signal (cable feed dissed). Are you putting the box into debug mode first, power down box, power up box, when display reaches ld:20 press and hold the channel down button on the front of the box until the display gets to ld:40 then let go, the box will then go into debug mode, then connect through jtag, BK can be found under latest pure firmware at 0x00f69af8.

Cable feed does not need to be attached whilst jtagging the box.

Hope this helps

Muskrat

musky, never seen this way to get in debug b4..

i usually hold down button whilst inserting power and when ld:14 on display, keep holding down for a few seconds more then release..box in debug.

but as they say different strokes for different blokes lol

Hi all, sorry for delay in responding!! Finally got it working. After a few days rest, the box booted back into debug mode properly as expected. The BK's however keep on changing no matter what I did. Eventually I concentrated on programming with the BK that occurred more than once (which was a fair few). I have since been trying (don;t ask why) and the BK still returns randomly different BK's which I find very odd indeed. Main thing is, I didn;t do anything different from the original instructions other than keep on creating image after image!!! Strange. Thanks to all who responded & helped. Still learn't a few things on the way. BTW - IRD went in forwards 3E first!

Back