Sammy Help - Numerous Box Keys

breet

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all,

Got a Sammy 2100 and currently trying to extract the BK. Managed to solder JTAG as pc connects to the box. I have tried various TUT's and various programs including SDT, BKE & OCD. Over the past two days I have received approx 10 different BK's !!!! I have since shorted the battery and updated the software and then used the recent bytes in both SDT & BKE, the BK is now consistent but still doesn't appear to work :-( !!!

Should the IRD be entered in backwards on a 2100? I have set up commencing with 3e for most images. BTW - making an au fun image.

Also any more help / advice regarding the above situation would be greatly appreciated.

Hi all,

Got a Sammy 2100 and currently trying to extract the BK. Managed to solder JTAG as pc connects to the box. I have tried various TUT's and various programs including SDT, BKE & OCD. Over the past two days I have received approx 10 different BK's !!!! I have since shorted the battery and updated the software and then used the recent bytes in both SDT & BKE, the BK is now consistent but still doesn't appear to work :-( !!!

Should the IRD be entered in backwards on a 2100? I have set up commencing with 3e for most images. BTW - making an au fun image.

Also any more help / advice regarding the above situation would be greatly appreciated.

m8 is it pure or smellywest if its pure nthel cool if its smellywest it will not work there is no flases or fixes for 2100 in smellywest

Thanx 4 quick response, its in Pure m8 & driving me bananas! Just got another different one now!!!

blank the battery again then put net id in let it update ...then take Out the cable feed and try again ...hold the down button on unit when ld20 shows .till it shows black ..then hit connect

yes just like jay210 says and hope it works for you

Cheers Jay - must have done that about 8 times now :-( and still keep getting different bk's. Could it be my soldering perhaps? Also, should the ird start with 3e or end with 3e?

Cheers Jay - must have done that about 8 times now :-( and still keep getting different bk's. Could it be my soldering perhaps? Also, should the ird start with 3e or end with 3e?

end with start with 12 if that didnt work try other way .
sound like a brick you have

ird will start with 3e but reverse it so..eg 3e 40 55 60 becomes 60 55 40 3e.

ive done quite a few of these and never heard of a bricked one ?

when trying your card are you waiting long enough for keys to update ? put the latest keys in your image then youll know straight away without having to wait for it to update. ;)

i bet youve had the correct b/k already.

sammy ird satrs with 3e.

its not your soldering, if it was you would get cable disconected error message.

Last edited:
ird will start with 3e but reverse it so..eg 3e 40 55 60 becomes 60 55 40 3e.

ive done quite a few of these and never heard of a bricked one ?

when trying your card are you waiting long enough for keys to update ? put the latest keys in your image then youll know straight away without having to wait for it to update. ;)

i bet youve had the correct b/k already.

sammy ird satrs with 3e.

its not your soldering, if it was you would get cable disconected error message.

Nice one for reply - Ok, I can now check al BK's and key in IRD in reverse. I have just finished re soldering JTAG etc (Cheers for other reply - at least I know that bit is correct!) When I now connect to pc I cannopt get off LD20 where as 30 mins ago it would got to LD40- is this a problem? can u recommend which method or tut I should use instead of au fun with chaos 3 file perhaps?

Still at it !! Tried using SDT, BKE & OCD. All match each other until I connect to cable feed, thats when BK changes.

Any more info re this would be appreciated - btw still cannot get past LD 20 when connected up to PC

You shouldn't be connected to feed when jtaggng mate. I'd start from the beginning again if I were you.
Also, I have actually had a box that flatly refused to work on a funcard and I ended up putting the ird forwards (not backwards as is the norm) on a mosc. Iv'e attached a nice sammy jtag guide.

cheers m8. Not JTAG'ing whilst cable feed connected. Connecting feed when I have programmed the card! Every time I leave waiting for premium channels I get black screen, so I retun to JTAG and thats when I get different BK's Tried MOSC Card, Tried Fun Card, Tried AU Fun. Problem now is not sure which BK to use - got far too many! Perhaps gonna have to bin this one!

jst out of interest how long are you leaving the card in box with blank screen ??
can take up to 30 mins to work m8
when you put card in you will get message saying '' up dateing your settings '' this means the bk is correct m8 just press ok then wait

Been leaving the card in for approx 15 mins each time. Never had the update message whilst card has been in.

if you put latest keys in your image like i said then you know straight away !

blank screen -- wrong b/k

chanels (not fta) -- correct b/k

ps..dont bin it, ill pay p+p and ill have it :proud::proud::proud:

Still at it !! Tried using SDT, BKE & OCD. All match each other until I connect to cable feed, thats when BK changes.

Any more info re this would be appreciated - btw still cannot get past LD 20 when connected up to PC

Hi,

If you're not getting past ld:20 it sounds as though the box is going into a normal power up cycle and stopping at ld:20 when it sees no signal (cable feed dissed). Are you putting the box into debug mode first, power down box, power up box, when display reaches ld:20 press and hold the channel down button on the front of the box until the display gets to ld:40 then let go, the box will then go into debug mode, then connect through jtag, BK can be found under latest pure firmware at 0x00f69af8.

Cable feed does not need to be attached whilst jtagging the box.

Hope this helps

Muskrat

It really does sound as though the box isn't in debug mode properly if you are getting differing bk's.

Also are you looking in the correct place for the BK what firmware is the box on as this makes a difference to where the bk is stored.

Back