Mobile Phones Sale of goods act help!

sargie

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi all i bought a samsung jet from the carphone warehouse 3 days ago. The battery depletes over night. I have charged it before i go to bed deliberatly to test it and 8 hours later when i wake up it is dead.

I have looked online and it would appear its a problem with the batterys i have also made sure bluetooth and wi/fi are turned off aswell as any running apps.

I have spoken to carphone warehouse and they tell me i am only entitled to exchange it for another one however i am not happy with the handset and would if possible like my money back.

The sale of goods act says i am entitled to my money back but carphone warehouse say i am not were do i stand and is there anything i can qoute to them?

Money Saving Expert says to quote

"Goods must be (even if bought in sale or with a voucher) of Satifactory quality, As described, Fit for purpose and last a reasonable length of time.

Quote this if needed and say it's from the Sale of Goods Act 1979

you can definately get your money back, similar thing happned to me...had 14 days to sent back the phone...put pressure on them!

I had a similar problem with a phone bought from them about 6 months ago mate, but when i went to the store the gave me a refund straight away as the manager said they had a 14 day money back guarantee.

Right just looked on the .gov website, phoned carphone warehouse, spoke to the same woman who told me there was absolutly no way i could get a refund and qouted the act and....bamn yep no problem bring it in and we can give you a full refund lol.

Incredible!

Its a shame as its a great handset but 10 hour battery life whilst sat idle.

Right just looked on the .gov website, phoned carphone warehouse, spoke to the same woman who told me there was absolutly no way i could get a refund and qouted the act and....bamn yep no problem bring it in and we can give you a full refund lol.

Incredible!

sale of goods act is great :)

pleased you got sorted m8

Incredible!

well done mate - I hate those people who lie to customers. Should have taken her name down and interrogated her as to why she changed her mind. They think they're saving their company some money!

It infuriates me because sometimes my wife gets treated in the same and I have to go and speak to them whilst other people would have just accepted it not knowing they had rights.

well done mate - I hate those people who lie to customers. Should have taken her name down and interrogated her as to why she changed her mind. They think they're saving their company some money!

It infuriates me because sometimes my wife gets treated in the same and I have to go and speak to them whilst other people would have just accepted it not knowing they had rights.

Yeah thats just it m8 retailers know that most people do not know their consumer rights it was only because id seen it mentioned on here before that i knew of the act.

Its a shame we have to go to these lengths though.

glad u got it sorted m8. i bought my brother's tocco lite from cpw, had loads of issues inc battery... bought it online but took it to my local store before the 28 days were up and they offered me a new replacement or a refund....

the jet battery is terrible if you have wifi on all the time, i turned it off and only enabled when need it and battery is great

still a pain tho

the jet battery is terrible if you have wifi on all the time, i turned it off and only enabled when need it and battery is great

still a pain tho

Yes m8 i was told to try that and i did i left it fully charged over night with wifi off and bluetooth off and made sure no apps were running and it was still dead by morning.

Back