sagem dbox1 help please

phatnapper

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi guys, a family member has asked me to look at his dbox its been off for some time now, the thing is i know nothing about these boxes, i dont even know what image is on the box,so on the off chance is there a noobs guide to a sagem dbox 1, i've been searching around all day and cant seem to find what i'm after, also i think it just needs updated so is this an easier option and can i do this using the an rs232 cable. Any help would be fantastic.

You will need to replace the auto update files on the box. This is done using a crossover ethernet cable to connect the dbox to your PC. You then need to use an ftp program to transfer the new files to the box. The rs232 cable is useless to you.

Have a look in the DBOX2 Download section, I'm sure there are a few guides and tips in there.

You will need to replace the auto update files on the box. This is done using a crossover ethernet cable to connect the dbox to your PC. You then need to use an ftp program to transfer the new files to the box. The rs232 cable is useless to you.

Have a look in the DBOX2 Download section, I'm sure there are a few guides and tips in there.

So I take i need an ethernet card ? Ftp program ( where will i get it from ) ? If anyone has a guide that would be excellent.

So I take i need an ethernet card ? Ftp program ( where will i get it from ) ? If anyone has a guide that would be excellent.

PT's guide will cover it "Everything you need to know about Dbox".

Where in the country are you?

PT's guide will cover it "Everything you need to know about Dbox".

Where in the country are you?

Hi mate i,m in belfast and done a quick search for pt's guide and only came up with dbox 2 helpfile.

Hi mate i,m in belfast and done a quick search for pt's guide and only came up with dbox 2 helpfile.

Are you sure its a Sagem Dbox 1 or is it a Dbox 2 with 1X flash chip?

I've heard of NOKIA Dbox 1 but not Sagem.

Mines is a Sagem DBox 2. Laky Pro 1X sorted my box out. Does the box have FTA channels or is it dead ?

Last edited:
Last edited:
It's about 3 years old and no it doesn't look like the one in the picture, but it looks like this and the seller says it's a dbox2. I've never seen 1 before so can anyone verify this for me please.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....y=39804&ssPageName=WDVW&rd=1#ebayphotohosting

This seller is claiming this is a sagem dbox2

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/sagem-dbox2-c...ryZ39804QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Can you see where i'm confused ?

I'm sure you have a Dbox 2. It maybe has only 1 chip and would require flashing with a 1x image. If it has two chips it requires flashing with a 2x image.

The latest Image Flashing Assistant is foolproff and tells you if you are trying to load the wrong image.

The difference in the e*ay pics is one has a front flap and the other its missing.

I'm sure you have a Dbox 2. It maybe has only 1 chip and would require flashing with a 1x image. If it has two chips it requires flashing with a 2x image.

The latest Image Flashing Assistant is foolproff and tells you if you are trying to load the wrong image.

The difference in the e*ay pics is one has a front flap and the other its missing.

Thanks for reply mate, so you reckon just to follow dbox 2 tut. ?

Thanks for reply mate, so you reckon just to follow dbox 2 tut. ?

You could just follow the tut but test the box first and see which image is on. If it pick up any channels. ie. if your getting BBC, ITV, Chan4 and 5 it may just require a file droppiung into the Keys folder.

I find FTP ing to a box easy but bloody hard first time I tried. Probaly doing in a rush and making simple mistakes.

You could just follow the tut but test the box first and see which image is on. If it pick up any channels. ie. if your getting BBC, ITV, Chan4 and 5 it may just require a file droppiung into the Keys folder.

I find FTP ing to a box easy but bloody hard first time I tried. Probaly doing in a rush and making simple mistakes.

ok mate will plug it in now and let ya know whats happening. cheers

Sorry i took so long to get back, but got the little f to coax fitting and booted up the box, it starts up with sportster then says loading neutrino, also the free to air are still there although these channels look slightly green with lines going through the picture, does it just need to be re-flashed again ? What do ya think guys.

you can probably get away with just uploading the fixed nagrarom7.bin file m8

If I was you, once you have managed to connect your pc to the dbox I would make a backup of the existing image and save to my PC. Once you have the backup just load it into IFA and see if it shows 1 chip or 2 at the top right of the program screen.
If you upload the wrong image you will get a kein system message.

you can probably get away with just uploading the fixed nagrarom7.bin file m8

If I was you, once you have managed to connect your pc to the dbox I would make a backup of the existing image and save to my PC. Once you have the backup just load it into IFA and see if it shows 1 chip or 2 at the top right of the program screen.
If you upload the wrong image you will get a kein system message.

Thanks for reply mate, this bit you desscribed to me, will it be in the tutorial for dbox2 ?

Thanks for reply mate, this bit you desscribed to me, will it be in the tutorial for dbox2 ?

The slightly green picture sounds like the settings require changing to RGB/CBVS in the Vidio Output.

The Nagrom 7 file needs to be placed in the keeys folder on the box and this can be done with any FTP software and an Ethernet Cable.

Flash FTP, Smart FTP or WebCEO are all freeware for the basic which is all you need.

There will be a tut in PTs Dbox tut.

Back