S9 Reboots with buttons

Renegade

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hello all.

I'm hoping someone can help dig me out of this hole. I have a new S9 box, (Fri 12th Nov).
I got a line and updated the box via USB... and put on the channel listing. The box was working grand all weekend. A cpl of glitches but that was because of my tv settings.

Today, any button I press on the remote will reboot the box... even if I press Menu.

Whenever it's booting it will have the blue background with a window in the centre saying "Connecting CCcam plug".
It will show the last channel that was on the tv, but pressing any button puts my back into the reboot cycle.

Thanks in advance.

I've tried powering the box off at the wall and leaving it off for a few mins. Unplugging the Ethernet cable. Unplugging the satellite cables.

Last edited:
there is a small glitch with these boxes, have yout tried going back a firmware or so

alot of this happening of late

Hello all.

I'm hoping someone can help dig me out of this hole. I have a new S9 box, (Fri 12th Nov).
I got a line and updated the box via USB... and put on the channel listing. The box was working grand all weekend. A cpl of glitches but that was because of my tv settings.

Today, any button I press on the remote will reboot the box... even if I press Menu.

Whenever it's booting it will have the blue background with a window in the centre saying "Connecting CCcam plug".
It will show the last channel that was on the tv, but pressing any button puts my back into the reboot cycle.

Thanks in advance.

I've tried powering the box off at the wall and leaving it off for a few mins. Unplugging the Ethernet cable. Unplugging the satellite cables.

What channel are you watching when it reboots? Some of the sly sports channels will make the box reboot. Usually there will be a few copies of the same channels. You will have to unplug the satellite cable and delete the channel causing the reboot. Then plug the sat cable back in and power up again. Or try this https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/250238/

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys. Thanks for the quick replies.

@kh4tri
I have no control on the box m8. Any button I press on the remote will reboot the box. I can't get anywhere near the menu to change firmware.
I actually never updated the firmware from whatever it shipped with, so there's no firmware to rollback to.

@hooley
Box is stuck on the Sly News channel. Not sure I could do anything from that thread m8. Like above, whenever I press a button on the remote, the box will reboot. I can press the "Ok" button to show the "Bouquet" but anything other than that will reboot.

I've nipped out to buy a new tv... but I have left the box completely powered off, and no cables in. I'll retry it shortly whenever I've plugged the sat cables in again.

Just power it up without the sat cable and delete that channel in the channel manager.

Hello.

Thanks guys for those replies. I'm back up n running again.

Removed the sat cables.
Powered on S9.
Accessed the menu and deleted the tv chan list.
Updated firmware.
Put in line.
Updated chan list.

All sorted :excited:

Back