Zgemma H5.2S Failing

vinegarjoe

New Member ++
Reaction score
Hi there,
Got a prob with Zg H5.2s STB. For the last few weeks every day or other day the box will freeze. It will continue to display the last channel it was on, but the rotation blue circle in the top LHS appears and virtually stops and then there is no way of interacting with the box from the remote. The only solution is to button it at the back and reboot. Tried a re-flash of OpenATV from 6.2 to 6.3, but problem persists. Any help much appreciated.
Rgds
Phil

First thing to do is try another power supply.

When you power the box off and on how much use do you get before its unresponsive again ?

First thing to do is try another power supply.

When you power the box off and on how much use do you get before its unresponsive again ?
The PSU is internal. Fed by mains AC. Indeterminate how long it lasts. Could be one day could be two. Even fails when it is in standby.

Cancel that load of rubbish, apologies. It DOES have a PSU. I have an old H2 box will try the PSU from that.
Thx for your help.

HI there.
Running ok with new PSU, however could be a day or two before it fails. There is no rhyme or reason AFAIK. Only thing I HAVE noticed that is different, is that on the hour, every hour, the blue circle appears for 10 or 20 secs and then disappears. So by my limited guess is that the processing is "busy" at that point. No idea what it does on the hour, but that is what it does. Did not used to do that.

Another thing of note. After the reflash, time shift stopped working. i.e. couldn't roll back a few mins on a live prog. However, since replacing the PSU, time shift seems to be working. So, hopeful signs. Thx.
If this continues will order a new PSU.

Cancel that, did start working, but has stopped now. Really confusing!!!

Now, I wondered about a firmware upgrade. How would I go about it???

No managed to flash it from OpenATV 6.2 to 6.3 Thx. Apparently that's as much as I can do software wise

Sure thing. Apart from the initial problem with the box freezing, after I flashed it, time shift doesn't work, so I've got the terminology right, on a live prog, I cannot move back a few minutes, like I used to. As I said the other thing I noticed, although not causing any problem, is that every hour on the hour, the s[pinning disc appears for about ten seconds then disappears. Doesn't seem to affect performance, but just never did that before.

Yes. All looking ok at the mo'. However it would run ok for a day tr two before failure, so will give it a few days before claiming success. Replaced the PSU with one I had from a older H2s box.

Back