Rytek EPG for TM800

How can I prove that the epg data is being stored on the USB pen drive I have inserted.

I have ftp'd to the box and cant for the life of me find the epg.dat file.
If I reboot the box epg disappears, which would suggest its not writing the epg.dat file to the USB.

Why are you using a pen drive ? Does it not go straight to the box itself ?

Yes, but it depends on how your disks are set up

For the plugin, 1st choice is Media/HDD which relates to media/disk-1

if your HDD comes up as media/disk then it will use tmp directory as its storage point.

So you either have to input a symbolic link to point media/HDD to disk
or
Stick a USB stick in the back of your box and reboot and then it should automatically set up a symbolic link to point media/HDD to media/disk-1

then your EPG.dat should be stored on your HDD

As i explained here, 1st choice is HDD if set as disk-1 otherwise it will use /tmp on the box, you won't see the file until you reboot and if it uses /tmp to store the epg.dat file then you will lose it as /tmp is cleared during a reboot.

The USB Pen drive will be seen as disk so doesn't enter the equation and thus will not be used by the Rytec EPG plugin

As i explained here, 1st choice is HDD if set as disk-1 otherwise it will use /tmp on the box, you won't see the file until you reboot and if it uses /tmp to store the epg.dat file then you will lose it as /tmp is cleared during a reboot.

The USB Pen drive will be seen as disk so doesn't enter the equation and thus will not be used by the Rytec EPG plugin

sorry to be a bit thick how do i setup my internal hard drive to be this disk-1 to make it store the EPG.dat or can i just plugin an old USB pen in the back??

Thanks for all the help from you guys, got time and EPG working properly last night. Now I understand a bit more about how this box works. It gets better all the time.

Thanks again Sinky:Clap:

sorry to be a bit thick how do i setup my internal hard drive to be this disk-1 to make it store the EPG.dat or can i just plugin an old USB pen in the back??

Basically the easiest way is to stick a USB stick in the back of the box and then this shoudl automatically take disk, whereas the HDD should then take disk-1

(you may have to mount and partition the HDD yourself in your box) but if put a USB stick in the back with the HDD already installed, thentelnet into your box and do the df command

should get something like below;

TM800@/]# df
Filesystem 1k-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on
rootfs 54528 48864 5664 90% /
/dev/root 54528 48864 5664 90% /
sda 1973984 58656 1915328 3% /media/disk
sdb1 307663832 357504 291677896 0% /media/disk-1

so;

sda is a partition on my USB stick that relates to media/disk
sdb1 is a partition on my HDD that relates to media/disk-1

Basically the easiest way is to stick a USB stick in the back of the box and then this shoudl automatically take disk, whereas the HDD should then take disk-1

(you may have to mount and partition the HDD yourself in your box) but if put a USB stick in the back with the HDD already installed, thentelnet into your box and do the df command

should get something like below;

TM800@/]# df
Filesystem 1k-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on
rootfs 54528 48864 5664 90% /
/dev/root 54528 48864 5664 90% /
sda 1973984 58656 1915328 3% /media/disk
sdb1 307663832 357504 291677896 0% /media/disk-1

so;

sda is a partition on my USB stick that relates to media/disk
sdb1 is a partition on my HDD that relates to media/disk-1

but if you do that where will it put your recordings?? surely it will try and put it on media/disk which is your USB pen and there wont be enough room or can you modify this

You are correct, it will try to record onto the USB stick.

So at the moment there are 2 issues

1/Rytec EPG will either store data to HDD Disk-1 or if not available to /tmp (which clears after a reboot)

2/ Unable to change the route of the recordings to HDD

This could all change once a new image comes out so really its not worth at the moment putting in the effort to get it all working 100% correct ... but if the next image does not fix a few of these things then will look into doing the workaround

where to get the very latest or modded image with nice skin

Stop worrying about skins with this receiver. You will have more important things to worry about.

Back