Rytek EPG for TM800

Many thanks mate, that's my time up to date :)

Will i need to execute that script everytime I boot the box?

If so, where do I put it so that it'll autorun?

oh and have some Rep :)

Excellent post this, working for me apart from not pulling in BBC1 W mids, BBC2 England, ITV1 W mids, BBC3 BBC4, i thought it wouldnt do the regional versions of channels.

look forward to further developments

Many thanks mate, that's my time up to date :)

Will i need to execute that script everytime I boot the box?

If so, where do I put it so that it'll autorun?

oh and have some Rep :)

no, if the cronmanager is set up as a timed function ... so on the cron manager plugin go to

'add command to crontab with time'

then in the box that appears just delete the bit that says rmc_sh 30 8 and put in instead Time-Updater.sh and press OK ..then you should be good to go

Thing is, the Cronmanager isn't appearing in my plugins list.

Maybe I installed it wrong, this is what I done...

1. FTP'ed the cronmanager.ipk file to /tmp
2. Telneted into the box and installed it with the command 'ipkg install /tmp/cronmanager.ipk'
3. FTP'ed Time-Updater.sh to /etc/cron/examples/ and set CHMOD to 755

Rebooted box but Cronmanager isn't listed.

if you didn't get anyerrors when it installed, try going into Plugins, then select 'download plugins'

once that appears, select exit and hopefully it should then appear in your plugin folder

My machine has went into a cog-a-thon.

I'm just waiting for them to dissapear then I'll try what you said mate. :)

if you didn't get anyerrors when it installed, try going into Plugins, then select 'download plugins'

once that appears, select exit and hopefully it should then appear in your plugin folder

That worked mate, lol :)

ok, so I edited the existing Cron item and changed it to Time-Updater.sh, so will that auto run on boot and grab the correct time?

no, if the cronmanager is set up as a timed function ... so on the cron manager plugin go to

'add command to crontab with time'

then in the box that appears just delete the bit that says rmc_sh 30 8 and put in instead Time-Updater.sh and press OK ..then you should be good to go

Thanks m8

i got both in plugins menu (ntupdater +cronmanager )so far its ok!

Btw : this means that we can install native plugins !!

regards

I tried putting different lists in earlier and borked the box up. I did a factory reset and restored my usual lists and left the machine for a few hours....... the time and date are now correct and it's pulled in 5 days of EPG but for FTA only.

It should keep the time upto date now, also when rebooting it should also take the correct time. Obviously if you flash a new image then you have to reinstall it again, but hopefully the new images will have the time/date bug fixed.

Not all plugins will work because python within tm800 software is not in a particularly great state, so it really is trial and error and sometimes the error can cause box problems that mean re-flashing the image

All my times are up to date now but I'm only getting now and next EPG. :err:

Everytime I try downloading the listings with the rytec plugin my box starts displaying the cogs and becomes unresponsive.

it maybe because its running out of space ...

Might be worth telnetting in and do the following commands to see whats happening

TM800@/]# df
Filesystem 1k-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on
rootfs 54528 48920 5608 90% /
/dev/root 54528 48920 5608 90% /
sda1 307663832 291380 291744020 0% /media/disk

TM800@/]# free
total used free shared buffers
Mem: 179888 128420 51468 0 240
Swap: 131064 0 131064
Total: 310952 128420 182532

try these commands whilst running the rytec plugin

Hooray it's working!

I don't know what happened but all I did was reboot and it all started working. :)

Thanks for your help Conchobair, I hope you stick around, your Linux knowledge is excellent. :)

Hmm, well spotted mate.

No, I'm only getting Now and Next on Sky UK Pay channels, other Euro subscription channels are fine though, a full 5 days EPG.

I'm currently re-grabbing the Sky UK listings.

Does anyone know how I can save the EPG to my internal HD?

Hmm, well spotted mate.

No, I'm only getting Now and Next on Sky UK Pay channels, other Euro subscription channels are fine though, a full 5 days EPG.

I'm currently re-grabbing the Sky UK listings.

Does anyone know how I can save the EPG to my internal HD?

having the same problem witchy, would like to know how to save it to HD. Installed and downloaded fine then after about 30 mins the box when screwy and it was like watching something in slow mo and then the box green screened and wouldnt reboot again correctly and the remote red led at the top wouldnt stop flash. Suspect the EPG filled up the Boxes internally memory. Reflashed and now back up and running thank god :Clap:

I've just completed a download of the Sky UK EPG. I'm sitting on Discovery Knowledge +1 and I have a full 5 days EPG.

OK, I've just switched to the Multi EPG and all Sky channels are listed with full complete 5 day listings.

Only a few channels are missing the EPG, Disney XD+1, ESPN HD, TCM, CNBC, S4C and S4C2. All Sky Movies and Sports and general stuff has full EPG.

Thanks conchobair for the great fix mate for the time problem pity technomate couldn't sort out this problem months ago? they should offer you a job at technomate LOL:Clap::Clap::Clap:

Last edited:
The fix didn't come from conchobair, it came from Sicilian. :)

But as you said, many thanks to conchobair for helping all us Linux n00bs. :)

My wife says 'Thank You' too, she can finally plan her viewing, lol

I would imagine bassethound was talking about the time/date :)

The rytec plugin does have some issues on this box. The mapping for storing the data is different to what the mapping is on the box

eg media/hdd

on the tM800
media/disk

so therefore the epg data i believe is stored within /tmp, so if you do a full reboot the data will be lost.

I had an issue this morning where my box was in standby but locked up at 05:45 (which was the time of the auto update)

now i have just run the autoupdate again now whilst the box was on a channel and all seems to be ok .. so it maybe that the box needs to be on for the auto to work correctly (or alternatively have a script run to turn the box out of standby about 5 minutes before the auto update)

anyway, now i have all the epg data for all sky channels including the pay ones

Back