RST1.2 bit dodgy on 4010 plz help

M

Mr_Whippy

hi guys,
has anyone got rst1.2 working reliably on the 4010's?

im having alot of trouble getting the fun card with rst 1.2 to work on the 4010 model,it keeps comming up saying a problem with the card reinsert it or saying its missing and in the enginners menu it says com error if i replace it with any original card its fine so i know the card reader is fine,when i have got it running i can see the on demand stuff but it freezes on misalenous channels and like crashed the picture.ive tried several different fun cards and a different pc to programme them on and still getting probs with 2 4010's ive attempted.i programme the same card for my 4001 and it works fine recognised straight away so i guess the programmer and cards seem ok.
this is driving me nuts i first thought my minisdk was faulty untill the cards worked fine in my 4001 sub box.
is there any other way of doing a fun card for the 4010 stbs?
thx for any advice guys

PS:can some kind soul tell me how to get your cam without a card?
thx guys :)

first of all the cam is not needed u can make a cam key up
11 11 11 11 or 12 12 12 12 etc etc
try this hex

hi m8 thx for the reply im in a ntl area will that still work ok?
im getting its not a valid archive :(
:)

sent by email m8
there is ntl and c/w and t/w in there

Had same problems m8 with funcards ie Com Error, Card inserted incorrectly. I dont think the 4010's like any funcards, they are fine with a rom10. Your right as well the funcard worked in my other box its just the 4010. If you have a rom10 spare try that card it should work fine. BTW, I tried RST and Xv2 and they were both the same :/

it dont seem too bad no card errors,much better than rst on 4010.
only prob is Ch301 seems a bit jerky,the pic is sort of freezing,i wonder if itll get better after a while,apart from that all the other channels seem to work fine inc the OD 1's. :)
u sure it was the v2 u used chris m8?,just wondering :)
thx again davidh
:)

the jerkyness on ch301 seems to have cleared up,so it seems the xv2 hex IS the hex of choice for the 4010's :)

Hi guys I am having the same problem if I use rst or nce i get nothing. I have an original ntl rom11 which came with the box but I can't read anything from it. Spectre has read the chip so i have boxkey and ird tried programing a rom10 but the box just hangs. Go to engineers menu and it says cards okay and on another page it will just hang on please wait. I have tried every combination but to no avail even Davidh nce hex is no good because I do not have the original backup having trouble with nagraedit. Anyway lads it's done my swede in now don't know what to do. Any help would be truely appreciated.
ps Tried on various fun cards. all the best paul
pss the box is 4010

Back