Roy Hodgson is a disgrace

akon1

Inactive User
Reaction score
This England squad looks like the scouse reserve team, calling up Kelly today ahead of Rio Ferdinand and Micah Richards just about is the most ridiculous of all of Hodgson's decisions.

Its pretty obvious that Rio wasn't left out for footballing reasons am sure no one believed that then but now it just confirms it further. As for Micah Richards he was a regular for the championship winning side Man City, you don't play for City these days unless you've got a little talent and Micah Richards is an amazing talent and far better than that coconut Glen Johnson.

Rio has expierence of the big games he has won multiple league titles and a European cup, Kelly only made 10 premier league appearance does he seriously warrant a selection ahead of Rio or Richards on footballing grounds?

Only thing now is Jay Spearing must wonder what he's got to do to get a call up?

Roy Hodgson has tried to accomadate for Terry as if he has the talent level of a Lionel Messi.

Cannot be bothered with England anymore would love to see them kicked out early.

Selecting the likes of Downing, Henderson and Caroll shows the ridiculous selections from Roy Hodgson. Caroll was awful for 80% of the season, Henderson was just dire and Downing had less goals then the Everton keeper Howard. People like Lennon sit at home but we decide to take these mediocre players who are the reason Liverpool finished 8th.

I genuinely wish England lose every game the selections are awful from Hodgson, who i can't see lasting long.

i mostly agree with you. but got to say rio is not as good as man u fans think. saying you hope England loose every game just sounds like sour grapes m8. we wont get that far but i for 1 will be shouting for England every game

tbh England are not going to win,more chance of Ireland winning then you lot lol,

But I presume he is just going to give as many fringe players their chance and try and build on that?

i mostly agree with you. but got to say rio is not as good as man u fans think. saying you hope England loose every game just sounds like sour grapes m8. we wont get that far but i for 1 will be shouting for England every game

With Rio being dropped i don't see the logic behind Tery's selection. I know Rio has the habit of switching off but this season for us he was solid, he marshaled that back line for us with Vidic out i was pleased to see him do that. His performance were on the whole very good and when we went to Spurs and they battered us without scoring he was absolutely immense that day probably on of the best performance i saw all season from any defender. John Terry has a history of being a controversial character his football hasn't really been of a high enough standard to warrant him being selected ahead of Rio for me personally maybe my opinion is somewhat biased but i have spoken to fans of other clubs and they've said same thing.

Personally for me Micah Richards has got to be in the squad i absolutely rate that guy he is a great talent has power and speed something which is highly valuable in a backline where we all know Terry is awful against pace.

Roy Hodgson made his decision and i do hope it bites him in the backside. From a United perspective am happy Rio is not selected hopefully the rest will do him good and he'll be fresh for us next season.

I hope Kelly does well got nothing against the lad even though i thought he hasn't done enough for me to merit a place in the squad.

Don't agree wit you about Ferdinand, I think he is a donkey now days, to slow, be surprised if he is even a regular next season for utd

Agree with you 100% about Richards, he is quality and can attack as well as defend, dont know why he is not in the England first 11 let alone the squad

Don't agree wit you about Ferdinand, I think he is a donkey now days, to slow, be surprised if he is even a regular next season for utd

Agree with you 100% about Richards, he is quality and can attack as well as defend, dont know why he is not in the England first 11 let alone the squad

Same can be said about Terry, Rio is still the better footballer.

In Europe they play football and you are better of with ball playing defenders its not like there will be an aerial bombardment where Terry could be handy, football against the big guns is played on the ground Terry is an awful defender when people run at him Suarez had him in alsorts of bother.

Instead of bashing the England manager, your all stuck with him, why not get behind him, he is yet to lose!

Cannot be bothered with England anymore would love to see them kicked out early.

I genuinely wish England lose every game

A genuine England fan then? :nopity:

Must be great to be a pub pundit. No responsibility, just a talent to criticise.

Last edited:
ad say baines is ten times better than rio. and there is a lot more that are even better.cant say rio has the legs any more his football brian is still good but he's past it now. as said b4 dont think he will be seen much in the new season.as for terry i cant stand the man.
but uncle woy must think he has somthink more to offer than rio.

ad say baines is ten times better than rio.

Poor comparison one is a centre back the other a left back. At this stage Baines is obviously better but no chance he removes Ashley Cole who for me is Englands best player of the past 5 years. As a person Ashley Cole is a knob but in an England jersey he has been brilliant and never let me down. Cole also found form towards end of season for Chelsea.

A genuine England fan then? :nopity:

Must be great to be a pub pundit. No responsibility, just a talent to criticise.

Well honestly am more of a club man i don't like internationals and this manager well i'll never like him. He started off on a bad note and straightaway divided opinions by selecting Terry and not Rio, what might have been better was leaving both home. However he couldn't be man enough to do that.

tbh the current England team will be coming home after 3 games, Hodgsons just picking the bones of whats left after injuries.
Rio wouldn't go anywhere near England with JT in the fold.
England many years ago used to excite me, but year after year matches interest me less and less. Theres no flair in the team.. and why...coz theres still too many foreigners in our league and we are years behind spain....i'd rather watch blackpool!!

I genuinely wish England lose every game the selections are awful from Hodgson, who i can't see lasting long.

LOL, and if we get to quarter or semi finals?........

At least let the bloke fook up first then join the inevitable queue

Lets face it guys Rio like some of the other Man United team is to old now. Hodgson has made very little change to the England side. Most of the players are from the previous managers choice. Hodgson is playing too safe. England have not won with this squad and it is time for fresh blood or we won't win this time neither.

What i refuse to accept is Woy saying his decision to leave Rio out is on a footballing basis!

He cannot be serious Rio is first choice at United, Phil Jones is backup to him and yet he selected Phil Jones.

I just want the truth Rio was left out to accommodate for John Terry the horrible c***. As for Micah Richards i can't get my head around why he wasn't selected. Hodgson has a simple plan keep the team organised and when you go 1-0 up just defend. Works when you take the lead will be interesting to see what happens when the team goes 1-0 down. Hodgson is out of his depth

What i refuse to accept is Woy saying his decision to leave Rio out is on a footballing basis!

He cannot be serious Rio is first choice at United, Phil Jones is backup to him and yet he selected Phil Jones.

I just want the truth Rio was left out to accommodate for John Terry the horrible c***. As for Micah Richards i can't get my head around why he wasn't selected. Hodgson has a simple plan keep the team organised and when you go 1-0 up just defend. Works when you take the lead will be interesting to see what happens when the team goes 1-0 down. Hodgson is out of his depth
sorry to say rio is now classed as shite.. roy must see somthink we dont.. maybe its drugs and he dont like them who knows.. but rio is past it

What about Micah Richards what's wrong with him.

Rio can't be that bad playing for a United team who finished 2nd on goal difference and was a regular in that side. If that's shit i don't know what to say about Liverpool players like Downing, Caroll, Henderson, Kelly and Gerrard who is complete past it.

Jagielka also selected guys not been same player since his knee injury.

Can't wait for England to kick off their campaign will be fun when they fail to make it out the group stages.

Back