router stopped working

sargie

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
ive recently setup my router and managed to get it working with my nintendo ds.but now it doesnt work any more i have connection when hardwired through my ntl modem but as soon as i connect through my router connection is lost and i cant get it back. i have changed no settings on my pc or router.Some times it goes down to limited or no connectivety ive tried repairing conection and that doesnt work as i have no connection.can anyone suggest why it may have stopped working any advice would be great.router is a linksys wrk54g

thanks guys

Quick question, are you using static ip or dhcp address? does your computer work if you plug it in directly to your ntl modem?

im having a similar problem to this

not with nintendo though

my laptop will connect to the wireless network no problems....... but the pc wont

when i plug the modem straight into the computer then it works fine.... but not wirelessly

im using the "obtain ip automatically" setting

i just checked my laptop

its set to static ip and the pc is on auto

yes works spot on through ntl modem direct to my pc and i have it on obtain ip auto capdan

Are you sure you didn't change anything on your router when your were trying to get your DS working. Also, have your tried to reset the router back to factory defaults. With my linksys wrt54g you have to hold in the reset button for 30 seconds for it to revert back to factory default.

hope you get it sorted.

Last edited:
reido2 said:
Are you sure you didn't change anything on your router when your were trying to get your DS working. Also, have your tried to reset the router back to factory defaults. With my linksys wrt54g you have to hold in the reset button for 30 seconds for it to revert back to factory default.

hope you get it sorted.

already reset my router m8 still doesnt work as soon as i connect internet up to it connection is lost!

Have you tried to pull power plug out of the back of the router and then power it back up?
Also might help to switch of at mains plug both the router and the modem and shut windows down then power router on then the modem then restart the computer just to set all back up.

right ok, first steps first.

Is it a wireless or hardwired connection thats causing issues?

Was this ever working before, or is this a new setup?

If its wireless, are you able to connect to the router with a network lead. Just to eliminate if router is at fault here. You will need a network card on your pc to test this too.

all sorted guys ive tried reseting my router a few times and its all working again so must have been a bug but it works fine again now thanks for your help!

Back