Roadside Recovery -breakdown? any recommendations?

dibbers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
As my car broke down yesterday and then found out that the cover that i have only covers me within a ten mile radius was OK but still a bit of a shocker.(have cover through my bank account at Barclay's) and of course was lucky that i wasn't more than 10 mile away.

I was thinking RAC or AA, any one recommend which one is the better or any other recovery services that they think shine.

i'm with the AA mate, been with them 4 yeras now, i was with RAC before that. both are very good.

check what cashback deals are on presently for both through QUIDCO. Make sure you take the cover out that gives you the option to be towed back home if you breakdown.

joint cover normlly works out cheaper....both people need to be living at same address ;-)

Last edited:
i just like RAC cause of them massive towers and buildings they have lol , so they must be the best ...
i used to use green flag who are cheap and cheerfull, bit bloody excellent mate .

Worth getting a quote from your existing car insurance provider coz they can add a breakdown/recovery option to your annual policy for an extra few quid - and you can haggle with them on price so you can try getting them to beat other prices.

But if you take a breakdown policy thru your car insurer, only thing i would stress is that you get them to confirm who the recovery company are that your policy is with.

Coz a lot of them just use local franchised breakdown firms and although some of them are excellent, some can be shite jobsworths not interested in doing any sort of roadside repair work more complicated than charging a flat battery - so they can take your car back to their garage for repair work.

Asda Breakdown.... uses britinnaia rescue..

i think i pay about £110/120 for full cover on any car..

had to use em twise.. both times was out within the promised hour.

speaking to the guy that picked me up he said britinniana are one of teh best to woprk for and work with ,

Thanks to all that have posted very usefull, i've went in the end with the RAC, could have went with Swift (they do my insurance) but as been posted they might have been greengflag, and had a bad experiance once with them now when i think back.

Summary of your RAC Breakdown Membership
Your chosen cover:
Roadside assistance covering you
With additional options:
Recovery

Cover start date:
2010-01-01
Price paid:
£71.25

Can't believe the Bank like, i mean 10 miles, they will be having a few choice words like.

Thanks again

The thing with the AA is that it is you thats covered, not the car.
You can be in any vehicle even as passenger and they will come out.

I use green flag. Have used them for years. It's me thats covered so I can be in someone elses car and I'm covered in Europe too.

Back