RNS 510 adding a language

mynamejeff

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hello,

I've seen people selling serbian language, hungarian language etc. for RNS 510 on various websites so I was wondering what does it take to add a language. I understand that it isn't a piece of cake but would give it a go.

What I found out so far is not much but probably could be useful for some of you guys. RNS 510 Firmware updates I think around 39xx or so add 4 languages (Russian, Arabic and 2 more - not sure, too lazy to check), so that made me think that it was possible to add a custom language too. Also the person selling the language is only selling it with MAP + FIRMWARE, so most likely we will need to change some files in both map update iso file and firmware update iso file. I found out that there is a SPEECH folder in firmware iso file and in which there are UVO_XX.zip and SDS_XX.zip, where every language has a UVO_XX.zip file and only those with voice speech/recognition SDS_XX.zip file. For example there is only a russian UVO_RU.zip file, because russian doesnt have speech recognition. Also digging through that UVO_RU.zip I found that there is a vsi.img file, which when I open in notepad++ has a bunch of random letters and symbols(probably a binary file of some sort), none of those letters I can understand except the "Philips MPEG-4 Wideband speech, Output file: Input file:" part. So I googled it and found out that it is some kind of audio codec ( still not sure what it means ), but then I found a russian forum which I google translated and they said that it probably costs around 3-6k euro to get the equipment necessary to record that kind of audio if I understood correctly, still not stopping the research but I desperately need some help and info from you guys.

ALSO: Still have no idea which files are associated with changing the menu language, if anyone knows something about that, please let me know.

Cheers!

Hi, does anyone can provide radio code for that RNS 510 vw blaupunkt navigation via serial number?
Thanks in advance

Back