Ripped off on ebay ah!!!!!

smcsmc

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi guys looking to get a guy back on ebay for ripping me off.

I have his email address so any ideas where I can post in on doddgy web site so he gets bombarded with shit.

Hi guys looking to get a guy back on ebay for ripping me off.

I have his email address so any ideas where I can post in on doddgy web site so he gets bombarded with shit.

i gave you good feedback what you moaning about ? :LOL:

cheers for thar

haway then, how much you get ripped for ? what did he do ? i gave up on ebay years ago, just buy the odd thing now like a phone cover or something, its bad enough without getting ripped off with all the fees etc

£170 for a phone then sent it back broken

Whoa! Sent it back broken? Why would you care? Oh, you went outside Ebay/Paypal terms and tried to save a few quid? If you want advice then best tell the whole sad story M8 :)

No I sent him a good working phone he must off messed about with it, broke it then claimed it was broken when I sent it to him so claimed a refund which paypal paid him. But i didn't get an opportunity to claim he broke it, paypal just paid him back so now i have a broken phone that i carn't sell.

Did you auction show it working, i.e powered up etc....?

If so, then simply reply to the case and state the item was clearly working as detailed in the listing.

yep went via resolution centre but they still paid up and yes got his address but its the other end of the country.
Also clearly showed it working on picture it still works now but he has broken the screen

yep went via resolution centre but they still paid up and yes got his address but its the other end of the country.
Also clearly showed it working on picture it still works now but he has broken the screen

You need to be very explicit and prescriptive with eBay/Paypal and state a firm case using the pictures from the auction and a picture of the item after it's been returned from the buyer, making sure you point out the specific areas. Additionally IF it's been damaged in transit (which I doubt) you may have the other route of claiming it back on the postage insurance.

You need to be very explicit and prescriptive with eBay/Paypal and state a firm case using the pictures from the auction and a picture of the item after it's been returned from the buyer, making sure you point out the specific areas. Additionally IF it's been damaged in transit (which I doubt) you may have the other route of claiming it back on the postage insurance.

Like he said.

Also, it might be an obvious question, but it needs asking. Do the serial numbers of the phone you sent, and the one you received match each other?
After someone tried that on me a few years ago, I've always photographed them.

Like he said.

Also, it might be an obvious question, but it needs asking. Do the serial numbers of the phone you sent, and the one you received match each other?
After someone tried that on me a few years ago, I've always photographed them.

I always do this, as well as the IMEI number - i state it in the auction listing saying i have taken a note of these and will block the phone/report it stolen - as there are people out there looking to specifically rip you off.

what he could of done is broke his screen and thought buy same phone off ebay then swap screen over then say it was broke on arrival then send it back get his money back plus he got a genuine screen for free then phone you got back will still have same serial and imei
there is too many dodgy stuff on ebay I would only use it nowadays for collection only

Ebay has always been bad to me, in the past 2 years I have lost 3 cases where I have sold something each time around £90 and the person says not received, first one was the courier not being able to find address so the person knew it had been sent but harassed me on phone and gave me death threats, then on the morning it was delivered they escalated the case before the tracking updated and won and Ebay said I needed to prove it was delivered to that person.

Second and third were pure Ebay stating the tracking did not show the address it was sent to, only the name and street!

Similar for when I bought things, Ordered a expensive gamers keyboard and mouse that never arrived and seller ignored emails, opened dispute and when I escalated it Ebay said the seller proved they sent it despite no messages in the dispute, then the 2nd time they sided with seller for saying the tracking number said delivered, however it did not show the name, or the house just the delivery office which months before they sided with a buyer saying I could not prove they got it!

They pick and choose who they side with to be honest.

Back