ripoff vergin media

Partycan

Inactive User
Reaction score
had a letter come today off vergin saying that there going to cap my internet cuss im useing to much of my crappy 2 meg..

asked some friends if they have had a letter and none of them have..

?anyone else had this letter

had a letter come today off vergin saying that there going to cap my internet cuss im useing to much of my crappy 2 meg..

asked some friends if they have had a letter and none of them have..

?anyone else had this letter

Have them for false advertising then mate, Says unlimited does it not ?

letters gone in the bin mate...

yeh there saying there caping heavy uses so from serton times of day and nite it will be caped.

this letter had my name at the top like..Dear Mr ****** we right to tell you that all heavy users are going to be caped from the times above.

i carnt remeber..hold on ill see if me m8 can find it as i put it in the bin round his today.

cheers mate for info

got the letter mate and just trying to upload it on photobucket..only thing is its like taking half hr just for a 24 mb file...

going do a Dsl speed test and see how fast me internet is...wen this photo finishes uploading

back in a bit

There seems to be a standard letter going out to all VM customers who have recently triggered stm which explains the new stm timings. Is it that letter by any chance ?

There seems to be a standard letter going out to all VM customers who have recently triggered stm which explains the new stm timings. Is it that letter by any chance ?

yeh could be the one mate..i have it hear just tryin find a way upload it for ya look at....

just did a speed test and me internet is only running at fckin 377 kbps on 2 meg..its just took me like half hr to upload a 24mb file..they can go fckoff if they think im payin for this...

i wonna have no internet tomorrow goin phone them then if i get no joy ill go down the bank and put a stop on the direct debit.

hear is the back of it lol

v2.jpg

and hear is the front mate...

just checked me speed again and now its gone back up to the 1963 kbps...

anyway front of letter

vm-1.jpg

nice one mate and thanks for the help.....

thing is the cheeky fckers are caping me at all different times of the day and nite and not what is siad in the letter...

ive also asked some mate's today if they have had this letter and none of them have...

anyway thanks for the help

just dune a speed test again and its down 1 meg..so im paying for 2 and getting 1...and somtimes ot even 512...

anyone else had this litter??

The thing with this traffic management is if you pay for the top speed 20 meg they cut you by 75% to 5 meg if your on the lower package you get a 50%cut so the more you pay the worse of you are.

Partycan; said:
just dune a speed test again and its down 1 meg..so im paying for 2 and getting 1...and somtimes ot even 512...

anyone else had this litter??

I have received the same letter. I thought it was a standard letter to all users as I am in no way a heavy downloader. I have not checked my speed but plan to do so.

SO, If the Ruggers are useing that UPTO Rubbish, then surely YOU/WE can say..Then I'm paying you UPTO 1Meg as that's all I'm haveing...Then when it's uped to 2Meg you pay them UPTO 2Meg...You see, Two can play that Game, n 1Million can play it BETTER...

there is only one winner................

and it VM, what ever package you take, i'm lucky i'm on BT.......

and there cheeky 4kers.......lol.......throttling my line.....

there is only one winner................

and it VM, what ever package you take, i'm lucky i'm on BT.......

and there cheeky 4kers.......lol.......throttling my line.....

ughhh, i WAS with BT at my old address, and they said i owed £160 for extra downloads at £1 per gig for that month.

i fecked em off and never paid a thing

thing is chaps they have only just started doing it to me..up untill like the other day ive always got me 2meg somtimes over it...

its like they have just sust out ive got the pc on 24/7 downloading games :proud:.....

been at this address over 2 years now and never had a problem with speed befor....

? i donna no weather to tell them by phone to fck right off or what..thing is if i do ill loos me u no what.....

i carnt even download a game now cuss wen i start it dropes right fckin down like somtimes under 512 mb and im paying then for 2meg bit

? what do i do

?anyone

soz mate useing DSL ZONEUK for the tests on the advanced test tab not the custom one....

anyway just did a noth test and and now there giving me just under 2 meg...its up and down like a fckin jo jo lol...

watch ill start downloadin now agin and it go back down to like 512

gone back down 1 meg,..

i carnt have this im being ripped off big time

Did a speed check early hours of this morning
293 kb/s--------30 mins later another check read.
724 kb/s
I thought it was supposed to be peak hours that they were capping downloads.

Last edited:
Back