ripoff vergin media

Its the people who pay for the service who virgin fook about.

Anyone one else think that capping the 2mb service is a bit of a waste of time?

IMO no services should be capped but capping anything below 4mb is just silly.

I tend to agree with you, I personally think that capping a 2mb service is just plain silly.

I also think it is totally unjust to cap an "unlimited" service. I mean if you are only downloading at 2mb then you can hardly be having a massive impact on everyone elses service!!

Exactly mate, it's bullshit.

No doubt it's a fore-runner to another Virgin scheme to get even more cash out of us, they'll probably offer us a way to 'buy out' of the capping, say for an extra fiver per month they'll not cap us, lol

No doubt it's a fore-runner to another Virgin scheme to get even more cash out of us, they'll probably offer us a way to 'buy out' of the capping, say for an extra fiver per month they'll not cap us, lol

I have a feeling its just a sign of the times and all isp's will go this route sooner or later. Bandwidth demands are simply outstripping any isp's (or the internet as a whole for that matter) capabilities.

Up until recently isp's have been pretty lax about the amount of bandwidth allowed per customer (mostly due to a relatively small customer base) but with a growing customer base and substantial increase in bandwidth requirements per customer allowing people to use much more than the average calculated bandwidth will impact other customers - thats just inevitable !

So, I suspect we are either going to have to get used to these artificial limits or the isp's are going to have to start to look at different payment models. I can foresee it wont be too long before one of the bigger operators introduces a connection billed solely on bandwidth usage rather than speed.

if you read the letter it sez there caping all 2, 4 , 10, and 20,...

the fckers are caping mine all times of the day..? carnt i have them on that...

? how the hell do they no ive got my pc on 24/ 7 anyway

i paid £35 a month for 20 meg downspeed, for years it was fine and never capped, i then received a letter telling me that under the fair usage policy i would have my speed cut i was downloading 24/7 at 20meg!
but it is the principle that if you pay for 20 meg then you should get 20 meg, so i dropped down to 2meg and saved some money, not just on the monthly charge, but also saved a packet on dvd's.
i got the letter some time last year, about this time actually, so its not 'new' in my eyes.
i am just a bit more choosy about what i download

do not the fair usage policy allow you to download a ridiculous amount from midnight to 3pm? it's not That bad if you know how to Use it :)

also , i dont think the man below was uncapped for 'years'. VM/Ntl has capped since it began it's broadband service.

do not the fair usage policy allow you to download a ridiculous amount from midnight to 3pm? it's not That bad if you know how to Use it :)

also , i dont think the man below was uncapped for 'years'. VM/Ntl has capped since it began it's broadband service.

mate there caping me all times of the day and nite and not sticking to the letter..

its not good donna no wat do..fck um off or wat

mate there caping me all times of the day and nite and not sticking to the letter..

its not good donna no wat do..fck um off or wat

it could be ur signal or something phone them up to come and have a look m8. make them earn their beans

well tonite i just checked my speed again as im now finding it hard to surf the internet its that slow...... on DSL speed test im only getting fckin 512 and not my 2meg im paying for....

thing is i havent downloaded owt for over 3 days now and there still caping me....

ill have phone um up tomorrow somtime and sort this out...ill tell them put it back to me 2meg or they can fckoff and have no money off me....

its up to them they can stop caping me and have £15 a month or they can cut me off the internet and have fck all...

its up 2 them ill give then 1 week to sort it...and if its not sorted ill go down bank and stop paying um.

? so there caping me still yeh and i ant even downloadin owt..wat ******s a??

Perhaps, just perhaps, you've other problems going on, and it's nothing to do with being capped....

You might even have a Trojan/Virus/Malware or something....

well tonite i just checked my speed again as im now finding it hard to surf the internet its that slow...... on DSL speed test im only getting fckin 512 and not my 2meg im paying for....??

There's been some fairly severe outages and delays today on large chunks of the VM network due to them loosing a peer connection and suffering routing problems as a result.

It may well be that you are suffering a consequence of these problems rater than stm.

I got this letter as well.

I sent them an email stating that as i'm paying for a 2meg internet connection and only getting 1/2 of that sometimes is against the contract that i took out with them.

Got an email back saying that even though i'm on 20meg...wtf...i've went over a certain amount under the fair-use policy !!!!

Told them that if it doesn't get sorted i'm moving elsewhere, but like someone said above...EVERY isp provider WILL at some point do the same..so we are all fooked

I'll let you know what they say next.

well tonite i just checked my speed again as im now finding it hard to surf the internet its that slow...... on DSL speed test im only getting fckin 512 and not my 2meg im paying for....

thing is i havent downloaded owt for over 3 days now and there still caping me....

ill have phone um up tomorrow somtime and sort this out...ill tell them put it back to me 2meg or they can fckoff and have no money off me....

its up to them they can stop caping me and have £15 a month or they can cut me off the internet and have fck all...

its up 2 them ill give then 1 week to sort it...and if its not sorted ill go down bank and stop paying um.

? so there caping me still yeh and i ant even downloadin owt..wat ******s a??

Check this out see if it appeals to you.

https://www.bethere.co.uk/

my ****** has no signal some nights so how badly do I get capped. Why is it everything ******* touches goes wrong. Bring back ********

Hope they are not capping it, I have just signed up for ****** broadband, tv and phone.

DD:thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:

They've been capping high users for months now - it was hidden in the website. BT action has made them come clean I guess.

I got this letter as well.

I sent them an email stating that as i'm paying for a 2meg internet connection and only getting 1/2 of that sometimes is against the contract that i took out with them.

Got an email back saying that even though i'm on 20meg...wtf...i've went over a certain amount under the fair-use policy !!!!

Told them that if it doesn't get sorted i'm moving elsewhere, but like someone said above...EVERY isp provider WILL at some point do the same..so we are all fooked

I'll let you know what they say next.

Nah nah...Once H2o, ask4, smallworld media and BT's FTTH starts coming along VM will be fucked.

Back