ripoff vergin media

do not the fair usage policy allow you to download a ridiculous amount from midnight to 3pm? it's not That bad if you know how to Use it :)

also , i dont think the man below was uncapped for 'years'. VM/*** has capped since it began it's broadband service.

good point i been with TW BY VM since it started never had a problem even with the capping, but then the main thing that does it is torrenting, seeing i dont torrent i dont get effected yet i get all the 'cough 'cough i want, overall im pleased with the service i have been provided

just my opinion :proud:

I agree Meanie, works for me too. But as you, I do very little Torrent stuff...

By the way, that's a mighty fine arse in that avatar of yours...! :)

I pay for a 20MB line and have been getting that speed since day one. Recently my line is capable of a max 10MB/down. I dont use torrents but do use newsgroups quite heavily (around 100-200GB month)

A few more days at this speed and I will jump ship to another provider. I'll download less and buy more originals (If you look around you can get them very cheap anyway).

I was just having a look at the traffic management on the VM website and what a joke it is, now that they are doing day time capping aswell.

So all in all you could be capped 75% of your speed for 10 hours a day if your constantly downloading!

I thinks it's best to queue stuff up and then comence download at 9pm. However they'll probably start doing late night capping when everyone starts doing this!

^^^ Whats the point in doing that ??

If you are worried about how fast you want to download something it makes no sense to queue it up and wait just so you can download at full speed when you could of downloaded half of it already. Also why would you be bothered about speed if your going to be downloading overnight ?? if your gonna wait until the morning anyway why would you be bothered when it finishes downloading as long as its done before morning ??

^^^ Whats the point in doing that ??

If you are worried about how fast you want to download something it makes no sense to queue it up and wait just so you can download at full speed when you could of downloaded half of it already. Also why would you be bothered about speed if your going to be downloading overnight ?? if your gonna wait until the morning anyway why would you be bothered when it finishes downloading as long as its done before morning ??

I think your missing my point here.

If say I want to download 20gig at 20meg, it's roughly gonna take about two hours, and I can do this between 9pm and 11pm

If I wanted to download 20gig at 4pm. I'd get traffic managed at 6gig, so roughly at about 4.35pm. I've then got 14 gig left to download, which would take around 6 1/2hrs at 5 meg. So total time 7 hours.

So for 20 gig - 2 hours or 7 hours?

So you still don't think it makes sense to queue it up?

BTW I never mentioned anything about wanting to download overnight

Back