Ride A 50cc Scooter Help Needed Plz

fisco2001

Inactive User
Reaction score
I Got A Car Licence Which I Got In Feb 2007,
I Want To Get A 50cc Scooter To Get To Work And Back As Take Me 1hr 30min On Bus To Go 9miles,
Do I Need To Do A CBT Or Can I Just Buy One And Ride Away,

I Heard That I Need One Then I Can Drive Up To 125cc For Life Of Driving

Geting Confused With Eveyone Telling Me Diffrent Things
Thanks

you need a CBT before you even ride it on the road. It does not matter if you have a full license any more

things have changed now m8,it used to be like that as I drive a 50cc on a car licence with no L plates but newer drivers arnt allowed

I also found out the other month that again I can drive a 7.5 tonne on my older car licence but now u have to take another test to drive one
they change things

wasn't aware of the 7.5 tonne licence, still been driving one with my old licence.

its ok if u passed ur test before a certain year ...not sure what year though

just read this fisco :)

If you have a car licence...

If you obtained your full car licence before 1 February 2001 you are automatically entitled to ride a moped without L-plates (D-plates in Wales).

If you obtained a full car licence after 1 February 2001 you must first complete a CBT course and obtain a DL 196 certificate to validate your entitlement.

i suppose the 7.5 ton licence will be a similar thing as my company to a licence check every 3 months and have said nothing.

when did u pass ur test DM ?

I may be wrong this is only what I was told
Im searching now ;)

found this on 7.5 tonne

If the vehicle has a maximum authorised mass, which exceeds 3.5 tonnes, but not 7.5 tonnes then a category C1 licence is needed. If the maximum authorised mass exceeds 7.5 tonnes then a category C licence is needed.

yeah u old git :) lol

just check to see if ur licence says C1 on it ;)

Back