Revive Dead Starviews Via Jtag :)

Hi
I had the same the problem with the same message when using SKYMAX.
I double checked the connections and then used JKEYS and with a little bit of time etc it all clicked on no problem.
While I am here can anyone tell me where to download version 2.57 for the starview.
Hope this helps

Tried the symax 2 and jkeys - sktmax gives the common fail and jkeys acts as if not connected.Using tmc j tag for starview any ideas.

hello m8ty i am also getting the sam message
Init JTAG
IDCODE : 00000000
Fail DCU, Plesae Restart or Reset CPU Box

ive tryed it on 3 computers now and all the same

markopolo
Hi m8 i was getting the same message as
IDCODE : 00000000
Stop CPU
Fail DCU, Plesae Restart or Reset CPU Box

i solderd every wire double checked but still got the same message now i had bought 2 units of T M C both worked ok but i could only managed to repair 2 star view with each j tag so all in all i managed to revive 4 boxes what i found was wrong with the j tage was the ic 74CH244 i replaced the ic and it solve my problem i've done another 10 units without a glitch

Hi zeeraak which type of chip did you replace it with it will be interesting to know. The chips used on these are the same as the 1 I use on normal jtag and they work fine on them.

tmc

Also been told that if you run mac_mot on xp it solves the dcu problem.

tmc

Hi zeeraak which type of chip did you replace it with it will be interesting to know. The chips used on these are the same as the 1 I use on normal jtag and they work fine on them.

tmc
Hi T M C there's only one chip on the j tag board No 74HC244 i changed on both of my j tags and both are working fine now

Hi T M C there's only one chip on the j tag board No 74HC244 i changed on both of my j tags and both are working fine now
Hi Again tmc the chip i replaced it with was the same Number as the orignal ones may be the units i got might had faulty ic,s

i just got a box that is dead man along the road was binning it were can i get a jtag thing as i would like to try and sort this thanks

I got a JTAG from TMC used it once and it fully works i would sell it for £15 delivered via recorded let me know mate

Last edited:
Back