360 Jtag Tutorial - XBrebooter

people on xboxhacker told me that onboard stays untouched, new tutorial up on xboxhacker doesnt even use a switch or anything so i duno

they said its just they are blocking nand types for now

you don't have to have a switch all the switch does is switch between onboard to offboard ie: bridging the trace cut and cutting connection to offboard and vise versa. so a two way switch is needed not just a on/off and as for the nand blocking like i said i think they are only supporting add in hardware so onboard nand will not work fully with freeboot/dashxxxx

i understand what the switch does but i saw people on youtube (for some reason, booting up then flicking the switch after a second or 2 and then it booted freeboot

basically it will fail to boot if u flash freeboot to your onboard because they are blocking nand types, so that you HAVE TO buy either a modchip, or do a "hard to do" diy xd mod

ok ive recieved my xbox and im having a go-my first attempt seems to have failed.but a question for the guys that have done this-do you power the 360 and does the psu light go red-as mine has

only plug in at back don't switch xbox on then dump and no it does not go red at any point so recheck you're wiring for shorts.

any know if there is an alternate to b1f1 for the jtag points,it appears the guy who sold it me has fooked this particular point(probably why hes bloody sold it,oh i give up,after hours on end,flash n reflash with no joy-i got fed up-restored my original nand-and tadaa 3 red lights-woo yay n ****

Last edited:
at last a answer to our 4gig limit

Download at:

drop.io quickboot360

Copy game to HDD/USB using XexLoader -> Patch game with X360GameHack to remove media check -> Make note of where you copied the game, update the config.ini to point to that location. Create a new Live file with Le_Fluffe or XLAST, name it what you wish and add suitable icon images etc. add the default.xex and config.ini from Quickboot and package the file-> Copy to Xbox HDD:\Content\0000000000000\etc.

This *should* also let you load supported Xbox original games off your hard drive. Just point it to the default.xbe.

violentj have a look on xboxhacker wen its back up and xboxscene there is alt. 3 points on bottom of board..

Anyone help please..

I have an xbox360 working motherboard that is not banned from live ..Only trouble is i do not have the drive keys so the thing is no good..

The xbox360 has the new dashboard on it 2.0.8955.0..

So if i do the j tag trick will i still be able to dump the info from the nand and get the dvddrive keys.

I no i cannot write to the nand as i have the new dash...

I have looked at the power point and its a xenon motherboard..

THANKS

Last edited:
no because you need to be able to j-tag it and you're efuses have been blown

I know it was posted, any chance of a quick run down on what this achieves?

Just got my hands on a x360 with

Dashboard -2.0.6683.0

im gona wait a bit before i try XBreebooter (alot more reading needed yet)

my question is,if i put say my Orig MW2 disk in this X360 (or any one of the latest titles)

will it force me to update the dashboard?(even though im not going to play on live)

i mean,will i be able to cancel the update or will it simply just do it with me

not being to stop the update (i wana play games off line but keeping the old dashboard)

I dont want to pop a disk in my X360 and it auto-updates the dashboard fooking me up for future.

Do you think that now that there is a proper hack and people can hack/see the workings of the system properly that some clever people might come up with a way to get this sort of stuff working on the newer post Dashboard -2.0.6683.0 xboxes ??

Or are us newer xbox owners completely screwed unless we find one of the older boxes ??

:Clap: I have soldered all my wires on,its now reading the nand :Clap:

but i cant get on xbins for the degrader to check it

does that autoxbins program still work ???

haggiso

new nand flash available on xbins
8955-3a

sorts the problem with games sticking apparently,gunna try it tommorow night when kids go to bed,oh and you no longer need to patch games to run from usb hdd

Back