Return Of The Death Penalty! Vote Now?

Should the death penalty be brought back?

• YES

Votes: 154 76.6%
  • NO

Votes: 47 23.4%

• Total voters
Voted yes not that it will change anything, this country aint got anyone with enough balls to enforce it.

I for one believe that a convicted murderer - rapist - child sex offender should die by execution.
Give them 5 years in prison - time allowed for appeals etc to prove their innocence & if they cannot provide evidence beyond reasonable doubt after that time ( Kill The B******S)
To be honest with all the DNA evidence collated in todays society I think I am being very fair to the scum - But I would like the judge who sentences them to let them know that they are on Death Row.

What are your opinions?

well said m8 . totaly agrre with what ur saying .

regards robby

No, absolutely not. Sorry for the pun, but the jury is out on capital punishment as a deterrent (see here and here).

While there is certainly a case for making sentences longer/harsher or whatever, I don't see how society benefits from executing someone. Imprisonment (admittedly ideally) protects society just as well as execution.

Do people actually believe that you can be 100% sure of guilt. For me, 'beyond a reasonable doubt' doesn't cut it if you're going to kill someone. Miscarriages of justice occur all the time, and while the frequency should be reduced over time, it'll never be perfect.
Just my thoughts

This country would solve three in one by bringing the death peanalty back.

1 - Would save in taxes in keeping murderers/rapists in prisons.
2 - Would solve the overcrowded problem in prisons.
3 - Would definately deter future criminals or at least put a lot off!

I agree with the first post..

if someone is convicted and given life they get there 5 years for appeal.. and if appeal fails.. life is life...

and if u get a live imprisionment... just kill em .. putting it blunt..

all thre doing is filling up prision space and living a meaning less live with no future but death in prison...

this would ease the prision situ as well as deter the ones willing to commit the crime...

on the same note... i agree that 2 wrongs dont make a right but if life is served... life shall be given / or taken.... as i said above just filling space for short timers..

and on a 3rd note.. i agree with the 3 strike situation... cause everybody makes mistake...

but its the reppition of mistakes that prove they will never learn...

however i will say that accidental deaths / eg death by driving (accidents do happen and cause ppl can claim up and make life hell for someone who didnt make an intetional mistake) should be given a fair time and a fair sentance

and as has been said ...

life means life

u either store them for there life... or end it earlly and fill it with someone whos on their first strike

A big fat yes from me, life for life i think its the only deterant. these horrible happenings seem to becoming more frequent and need stopping, one is too many.

I for one believe that a convicted murderer - rapist - child sex offender should die by execution.
Give them 5 years in prison - time allowed for appeals etc to prove their innocence & if they cannot provide evidence beyond reasonable doubt after that time ( Kill The B******S)
To be honest with all the DNA evidence collated in todays society I think I am being very fair to the scum - But I would like the judge who sentences them to let them know that they are on Death Row.

What are your opinions?
And when they are bang up for the 5yrs they need to be digging a farmers field
With a chain and ball on there legs and a shotgun to there heads.:Kickassro

Voted No,

Two wrongs don,t make it right.!

Would you still say NO if it was one of your family had been murdered ? your child ur mother, father, sister, brother .If you take a life you should be prepared to give urs. I think if the death pentely comes back (Which I know it wont) that there would be less murders especially the pre- mediated ones . Would these cowards really risk their own lifes I dont think so . I know someone who was murdered for 30.00 yes 30.00 A really nice lad not in a gang in fact an easy target he was 14 his killer was 16 he batttered and stamped on his head till you couldnt recognise him from a piece of meat his finger was bitten down to the bone so they could take his ring to sell .When the ambulance came for him this gang stood in the road preventing them from getting to him. So he died on the road . What happened to the killer he got 3 years , Only to be released to go on to shoot someone else dead now he is serving years if that and I and you are paying for him to stay alive I dont think so scum like that dont deserve to live and I am sure if you ask the boy's family who died if they would want the death penelty back I can assure you they would pull the lever. As would most of this boys friends . You say 2 wrongs dont make a right. There is also another saying JUSTICE needs to be seen to be done and there isnt a lot of justice for the families of murder victims.

Last edited:
Yes. Revenge doesn't bring a loved one back.

It may not but revenge is sweet sayeth the Lord . And they dont derserve to live . Come back and tell me YES again if or when youve lost someone who has been murdered . Then I will give u a sainthood

Last edited:
No, the Birmingham 6 and Guildford 4 would have all been killed for something they didn't do if the death penalty was used. I wouldn't have enough confidence in any legal system to allow it.

I'm sorry. What was the question? :confused:

Would you still say NO if it was one of your family had been murdered ? your child ur mother, father, sister, brother .If you take a life you should be prepared to give urs. I think if the death pentely comes back (Which I know it wont) that there would be less murders especially the pre- mediated ones . Would these cowards really risk their own lifes I dont think so . I know someone who was murdered for 30.00 yes 30.00 A really nice lad not in a gang in fact an easy target he was 14 his killer was 16 he batttered and stamped on his head till you couldnt recognise him from a piece of meat his finger was bitten down to the bone so they could take his ring to sell .When the ambulance came for him this gang stood in the road preventing them from getting to him. So he died on the road . What happened to the killer he got 3 years , Only to be released to go on to shoot someone else dead now he is serving years if that and I and you are paying for him to stay alive I dont think so scum like that dont deserve to live and I am sure if you ask the boy's family who died if they would want the death penelty back I can assure you they would pull the lever. As would most of this boys friends . You say 2 wrongs dont make a right. There is also another saying JUSTICE needs to be seen to be done and there isnt a lot of justice for the families of murder victims.

it matters not
i voted yes but it will never ever come back in uk unfortunatelly as there is some scum brady,hindley,shipman,west,huntly solheim murderer etc etc that should have been done live tv to get some revenue for electricity bill

I think we're going round in circles here. Please read post #31.

aww ok I will call you saint Toolbox now nice ring to it

You must be a better person than I am there again I dont have a toolbox maybe you havent had someone murdered who you know and maybe its one of those things you cant comment on until you do if you have then you have my deepest sympathy and then you would be a saint if you didnt want revenge and what am I hmmmmmmm human

Last edited:
Back