Return Of The Death Penalty! Vote Now?

Should the death penalty be brought back?

• YES

Votes: 154 76.6%
  • NO

Votes: 47 23.4%

• Total voters
i voted no because if a mistake is made well sorry just wouldent cut it as for "brady,hindley,shipman,west,huntly" and the like,s of them they are a different breed not only sick in the head but the soul too let them die in jail watching the world go on without them ian brady has tryed to kill himself more than once west hung himself for the quick way out ,then there,s the poor guy/girl that has to carry out the execution if there is a god will he agree with the execution or call it murder ????
@ Vixen the bas***d souldent have been let out after he murdered your friend he sould have been kept in a cell with nothing to look @ but your friend,s photo ...him just left alive with no hope of freedom no sky tv no exersise with his fellow crim,s just his box and the photo,s

just caught your last post Vixen and your right someone kill,s one of mine and i,ll want to kill them too, (and would try too)it is only human

Last edited:
No, the Birmingham 6 and Guildford 4 would have all been killed for something they didn't do if the death penalty was used. I wouldn't have enough confidence in any legal system to allow it.

Not forgetting the Renault 5. :)
--
This is one of those threads that's gonna go round & round & round etc.

What if one of the family members of one of the victims of Brady & Hindley, West etc got a hold of them and killed them before the law could get a hold of them?

Would the same rules apply? Should they then be strung up, or applauded for removing the scum from society?

This is a most difficult thing to make a decision on, my knee jerk reaction would be a resounding yes. Unfortunately for us as a society the law does make mistakes, i think it would be unacceptable if even 1 single person in 1000 lost there lives through a miscarriage of justice. This single act would make us all murderers!! A life is a most precious thing, there can be no greater crime than to steal it from someone yet we still have wars and conflicts all over the world where lives are taken daily and in many cases just as brutally as if done by a murderer, yet we discuss such things as death penalties, i look now at my knee jurk initial reaction of yes and realise it is born of a sense of revenge for when many decide to end a life it is no less an afront than if one decides to take a life. When a man drinks and drives and crashes into a family on a day out and kills them all, is this less of a crime because he didn't plan it or stab them with a knife?? or was he irresponsible and stupid.. the outcome is the same, do we hang electrocute or poison him for the crime?
i am revolted just as many of you are when i read about a young child murdered or raped, and beleive me i would like to see them pay for there crimes but the truth is we cannot rely on our law enforcement and courts to distribute a fair balance of the law - we see it daily, could we really trust t hem with the death penalty at there disposal??? i personally think not even now there will be inocent people in jail and until there are no innocent people in jail the death penalty is beyond consideration imo..

tbc

No, the Birmingham 6 and Guildford 4 would have all been killed for something they didn't do if the death penalty was used. I wouldn't have enough confidence in any legal system to allow it. & also the Cardiff 2.
But lets be realistic! DNA EVIDENCE WAS NOT EVEN CONSIDERED THEN. IF DNA EVIDENCE IS FOUND TO BE CONCLUSIVE - THAT IS PURE GUILT OR IS IT NOT?

A very big YES from me,
In my opinion they get away from being executed for loads of sily reasons like, we can't take someone's life away or what if they were innocent. How many times have you heard that a prisoner was let out and one real innocent child was raped and killed.
I think people how give these criminal a chance to live are responsible for the lives of innocent people how will suffer later on.
As many of you have mentioned even if they stay in jail for rest of their lives, it cost the community a lot, while this money could have help NHS, or education system.
I don't know what the world is comming to?

Hoss

An eye for an eye. If someone takes a life they should lose theirs...the only problem is knowing 100% they did it. That's where the death penalty falls down, they can't be brought back to life if it turns out they didn't do it. There have been plenty of mistakes made in the past.

Not forgetting the Renault 5. :)
--
This is one of those threads that's gonna go round & round & round etc.

What if one of the family members of one of the victims of Brady & Hindley, West etc got a hold of them and killed them before the law could get a hold of them?

Would the same rules apply? Should they then be strung up, or applauded for removing the scum from society?
i was answering Seedy_rOm,s post Vixen not wishing luck to murder,s

it really wouldn't make any difference if the people want the death penalty back or not.
After Tony Blair signed up for European Convention on Human Rights, that then made it illegal for any country to use cruel and unusual treatment as a form of punishment. So this would rule out having the death penalty introduced.

Also having people locked up for life wouldn't be possible either as this to would be challenged in the european court for human rights, as it limits the person chance to redeem themselves and prove that they can change into a more responsible human, and thus infringe on their human rights.

REMEMBER this isn't any fault of one individual apart from Tony Blair.

and if Gordon Brown has his way even more of our cherished laws will be diluted when he FORCES us to sign up to the EU constitution.

Last edited:
I wouldn't have enough confidence in any legal system to allow it.

in a legal system where the criminal has a lot more rights than the victims?

ok, what if your daughter was attacked, raped, beaten, robbed and left for dead, all caught on CCTV in a lane behind a corner shop. 6 weeks later when she is recovered enough to be released from hospital she then has to go through the ordeal of facing her attacker(s) in court and reliving it all over again.

now some smarmy defence lawyer comes out with the attackers human rights were breached as the shop whose CCTV caught the attack did not display signs warning people that they were on camera, so this cannot be used in evidence as it would be a breach of his rights? what about hers?

i know this aint about the death penalty, but you trust a legal system that works like that? FOOK THAT!!!

if anyone did anything to my family they should hope the police catch and jail them before i get hold of them

the UK justice system is as much of a joke as its immigration system

taxi for digi please to anywhere :)

DNA EVIDENCE WAS NOT EVEN CONSIDERED THEN. IF DNA EVIDENCE IS FOUND TO BE CONCLUSIVE - THAT IS PURE GUILT OR IS IT NOT?

Panorama was very interesting last night. DNA cannot be used as sole evidence against you?

They must have supporting evidence for you to be convicted!

Peoples DNA is passed to each other as one of the professors pointed out. I can shake someones hand and they can go and touch something that I havent been near and my DNA (Along with his) will be left at that scene.

DNA evidence with no supporting evidence will be thrown out of court!

Last edited:
No, the Birmingham 6 and Guildford 4 would have all been killed for something they didn't do if the death penalty was used. I wouldn't have enough confidence in any legal system to allow it.
& also the Cardiff 2.
But lets be realistic! DNA EVIDENCE WAS NOT EVEN CONSIDERED THEN. IF DNA EVIDENCE IS FOUND TO BE CONCLUSIVE - THAT IS PURE GUILT OR IS IT NOT?

The Guildford 4 and Birmingham 6 were framed by inept English police because they were Irish. There was massive pressure on the police to catch the killers and to save face. There is no reason why this would not happen to innocent people again, in any country if similar cases were to happen. DNA evidence could be fabricated.
As for truly guilty killers, they should be made suffer by spending the rest of their days locked up, not given the easy way out with euthanasia.

It may not but revenge is sweet sayeth the Lord . And they dont derserve to live . Come back and tell me YES again if or when youve lost someone who has been murdered . Then I will give u a sainthood

My uncle was murdered, Stabed in a pub , The killer was never found.

The punsihment in this contry is not the only joke, And the law does get it wrong. I know this from first hand. But Hate breads hate, And can take over peoples lives.

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

The world is round as my mum says

Last edited:
It should only be introduced on a phased basis, we should test the principle on traffic wardens first and if successful move on to other shit bags like the rubbish gestapo who sift through your bags.

Prevention yes Prevention may just maybe Death Row may prevent
a few murders

I for one believe that a convicted murderer - rapist - child sex offender should die by execution.
Give them 5 years in prison - time allowed for appeals etc to prove their innocence & if they cannot provide evidence beyond reasonable doubt after that time ( Kill The B******S)
To be honest with all the DNA evidence collated in todays society I think I am being very fair to the scum - But I would like the judge who sentences them to let them know that they are on Death Row.

What are your opinions?

bollox the reason we stopped it is because to many people got hung etc and they were innocent people have won appeals after 20 years 5 years is no good its not actually a long time in a life span

life in prisonment is actually worse punishment i should know i done 4 years when i was younger for fraud and belive me i would hang my myself if i was sentanced to life behind bars without parole and all these stories of prison is easy lmao you try going there its real nasty tv pool etc yeh right what about all the voilence slashings people topping them selfs bullying rape bent screws
its a nightmare for most people a never ending one untill you get out.

good job i was in a local prison with lots of local folk i felt sorry for the people in there from down the road the get torchad

bollox the reason we stopped it is because to many people got hung etc and they were innocent people have won appeals after 20 years 5 years is no good its not actually a long time in a life span

life in prisonment is actually worse punishment i should know i done 4 years when i was younger for fraud and belive me i would hang my myself if i was sentanced to life behind bars without parole and all these stories of prison is easy lmao you try going there its real nasty tv pool etc yeh right what about all the voilence slashings people topping them selfs bullying rape bent screws
its a nightmare for most people a never ending one untill you get out.

good job i was in a local prison with lots of local folk i felt sorry for the people in there from down the road the get torchad

Brave post m8. Good for you!:Clap:

"respect"

Back