retentions.. what have you got??

maarksparky

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all,

Had to call retentions the other day.. got a so called deal which turned out to be not a deal really, he just upped me to XL with which I qualified for free V+HD box no installation..

so got these services for £45 at the mo:

TV size XL
BB size M
Phone size XL
Caller display

** just feel as though I have been shafted... yes I still have my loyalty discounts there but felt it could have been cheaper..

please post what are you's on.. (in aid to make me feel better or make it worse !! lol)

TV : XL
BB : L (10mb)
Phone : Anytime 400

for £54

to be honest, if someone gets the same deal cheaper - good luck to them. i think it's reasonable for me and means it's the same charge every month no phone calls on top.

hmm.. didnt know they had any other phone packages then M,L or XL...

PS.. just realised I started the thread in a wrong section.. MOD's please move this to General Cable Section

thanks

Last edited:
it's like a prepay thing. i had the 'anytime' thing for free calls all day to landline but way getting hammered by mobile calls. Anyway, guy on phone says u make about 180-190mins per month phone calls, yuo can have a 400min pre pay thing - ALL number inc mobiles. worked out about the same price but could infact make trwice as many calls AND i can budget better as i know the exact amount going out.

as i said, maybe not the best deal but it works for me.

it's like a prepay thing. i had the 'anytime' thing for free calls all day to landline but way getting hammered by mobile calls. Anyway, guy on phone says u make about 180-190mins per month phone calls, yuo can have a 400min pre pay thing - ALL number inc mobiles. worked out about the same price but could infact make trwice as many calls AND i can budget better as i know the exact amount going out.

as i said, maybe not the best deal but it works for me.

thats not bad.. I though talk unlimited was good but still get charged for 0845 and 0870 numbers..

rage meter is going up !!!

thats not bad.. I though talk unlimited was good but still get charged for 0845 and 0870 numbers..

just think of it as what YOU are willing to pay and if it works for you. When i rang ( 3 times 2 fridays ago) they didn't seem to want to budge on much at all. Personally, i'm happy paying that - it's only roughly a tenner more than i was paying but i've got a v+ HD box with XL tv stuff (legit) and more calls. i happy with it. i just love the broadband....

just think of it as what YOU are willing to pay and if it works for you. When i rang ( 3 times 2 fridays ago) they didn't seem to want to budge on much at all. Personally, i'm happy paying that - it's only roughly a tenner more than i was paying but i've got a v+ HD box with XL tv stuff (legit) and more calls. i happy with it. i just love the broadband....

hmm.. true.. just thought becaz the guy was a comple t***er.. and felt I was shafted..

i spoke to 4 different people - the 2nd , and i don't mind shaming him here, was called Asim - he was down right confrontational with me, constantly cutting me off, calling me a liar, proper arrogant twat. to the point when i said ok, cancel me now. thats it. the other times, the last especially, they were all really nice.

However, i did have to ring back again twice to make sure i wasn't charged the £49 install fee....

Hi all,

Had to call retentions the other day.. got a so called deal which turned out to be not a deal really, he just upped me to XL with which I qualified for free V+HD box no installation..

so got these services for £45 at the mo:

TV size XL
BB size M
Phone size XL
Caller display

** just feel as though I have been shafted... yes I still have my loyalty discounts there but felt it could have been cheaper..

please post what are you's on.. (in aid to make me feel better or make it worse !! lol)

ive been on this package for time, pay a couple of quid less, it went up from £38 a few months back to about £43 and i pay for call bar in that too

M8- there is NO reason to be calling 0845 / 0870 / 0871 phone numbers. Just visit www.saynoto0870.com and 99.99% of the time, you'll find a standard 01 / 02 / 03 landline number equivalent. Quite often, there's even a 0800 number instead.

Cheers- AL ;)

I ring every year to cancel and usually retentions either try and meet me halfway or don't budge and try and call your bluff. Simply say ok I'm off to Sky and this is my 30 days notice, they'll arrange for your box to be collected, blah blah blah. Then simply wait 1-2 weeks and you'll get a "courtesy" call from Virgin to ask why you are leaving.
Simply say you felt cheated as a loyal customer and state if only they had agreed to your original request you'd have stayed. They then will give you what you originally wanted if you sign up for another 12 months, obviously don't take the p1ss with them.
They are the proper retentions people who can offer bigger incentives.

Cheers
Si

unless its sly as soon is one found they cut it off.

Back