RESULT**Floyd MayweatherManny Pacquiao **RESULT

joe516

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Floyd Mayweather claimed a unanimous points verdict over Manny Pacquiao to win the richest fight in boxing history and maintain his perfect record.

Mayweather, unbeaten in 48 professional fights stretching back to 1996, retains his WBC and WBA welterweight titles and takes the WBO belt from Pacquiao.

The American was caught with the odd good shot, but was quicker throughout and always looked in control.

The judges scored the fight 118-110, 116-112, 116-112.

At a 16,000 sell-out MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas - where some spectators had paid as much as $350,000 for tickets on the resale market - Mayweather, 38, started much the better of the two fighters.

Mayweather bossed the early rounds before Filipino Pacquiao had success in the fourth with a couple of strong left hooks to the head

BBC Sport - Floyd Mayweather beats Manny Pacquiao in Las Vegas

Disappointing fight by all accounts ?

Didn't watch it myself but if facebook is anything to go by

Spoiler alert @joe516 . It was on quiet late there may be people who wanted to watch it after it was on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Edited title :)

What a let down lol.

Oh well, never mind 400 million each for the rematch lol.

Mick

im glad I don't no about boxing I only gave Mayweather 3 rounds all here did was go backwards and defend Pacquiao should have won it by a mile

another over hyped & overpriced sporting event

glad didnt sigh up or even stay up for it watched it this morning on fast replay & it still looked bit dour lol

watched it all last night/this morning dident go to bed till 6:am wish i had in hind sight poor under card with no real decent fights,main event mayweather tactics worked while the pacman realy did not have a plan b shame really .

two right overpriced sporting event sky rip us off:grab:

Yes it was a disappointing excuse for a boxing match to be honest I was expecting a draw so they have to have a rematch thus making more money for the sponsors and promotor and sly etc..was at times boring never had me on the edge of my seat..

I feel asleep at the 9th round was boring

Sent from my HTC One

probably deliberate

another massive pay cheque later

I'm surprised anyone bothers with professional boxing nowadays, it's become a joke since the nonsense of several organisations offering ""World Titles" happened. It's got even less credibility than that glitzy wrestling shite.

I was a fan during the sixties and seventies when it was still a genuine sport. Couldn't give a toss nowadays. :zzz:

Got up extra early before work to watch it and have to say it was as I expected ,the only thing that surprised me was that it was even more one sided than I taught it would be,Mayweather never had to get out of 3rd gear and cruised to victory,was on social media sites and couldn't believe the amount of people that taught pac won the fight and a lot of unfair criticism of maywaether ,I cant stand the man myself and would of loved to see manny put him on his arse but he was way to sharp and never really in danger yes he danced around the ring and avoided close exchanges but that's his style he is a counter puncher and he gave a masterclass on how to do it,no way he was going to stand and brawl that would only play into mannys strengths no boxer with half a brain would give their opponent that advantage ,the fact manny has 20 more fights that mayweather and a lot more battles really showed in this fight,would like to see khan get a crack at mayweather as I think he would cause him a lot more trouble than manny did he may have a doggy chin but he has serious hand speed a decent punch and most importantly he has youth and fitness on his side.

another hour of my life wasted ;-)

Back