Floyd Mayweather v Manny Pacquiao confirmed for 2 May

joe516

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Floyd Mayweather will fight Manny Pacquiao in Las Vegas on 2 May for what promises to be the richest bout in history, it has finally been confirmed.

American Mayweather, 37, and Philippine Pacquiao, 36, are considered to be the best two fighters of their generation.

Mayweather's WBC and WBA welterweight titles and Pacquiao's WBO title will be on the line at the MGM Grand.

Mayweather is unbeaten in 47 professional fights; Pacquiao has 57 wins and five losses from 64 contests

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Should have happened a few years ago which I thought manny would win but I'd back mayweather for the win now.

Mayweather hid behind Pacquiao fear of giving blood samples for random drug testing but now Mayweather is getting paid the majority share (60/40) he is now happy that Pacquiao may not be drug enhanced boxer.
Boxing is still suffering from fights never made or made when fighters are past their prime due to politics (different title associations/belts)and fighters or their management not wanting the fight.
It's not perfect but I prefer watching UFC, most controversial fights have rematches, only one champion of that division, if champions are off or going to be off injured for more than than 12 months, highest rank fighters fight for an interim belt.

This fight is only going ahead because of the money involved and the two lads don't want to finish their careers without this colossal amount of money in their pockets.

Word is the PPV price in the states might push through the $100 mark.

Don't get me wrong I'll watch this but they won't be getting my money if Sky Box Office are showing it here.

This fight could have been made a couple years ago albeit less money compared to now.
These fighters don't need the money but like politicians which ironically Pacquiao is still want every penny they can get.
For big fights, a group of us used to go over to a friends house and make an evening of it, the host paid for the PPV and the rest of us paid for the food and drinks.

Back