Renault Cars?? Buy another???

it was the remains of h7 bulb left in the overheated connection that headlamp had to be removed.

Hi Digger, Sounds like you have just been really unlucky. I had a Renault Megane sport Alize for 5 years. Other than not changing the timeing belt when I should have (and destroying the engine) it was mechanically sound. I agree with the other post's about using a scrap yard. I picked up a replacment engine that had done 40,000 less than mine for £150 cost me £220 all in fitted myself. Also on the renault forums same username :)

Hi Digger, Sounds like you have just been really unlucky. I had a Renault Megane sport Alize for 5 years. Other than not changing the timeing belt when I should have (and destroying the engine) it was mechanically sound. I agree with the other post's about using a scrap yard. I picked up a replacment engine that had done 40,000 less than mine for £150 cost me £220 all in fitted myself. Also on the renault forums same username :)

Ive been looking in scrap yards for a passenger side power fold mirror... I did find one on ebay but i missed out :(

ive got a laguna estate arriving in a couple of weeks for a pre-scrap dismantling.

Another update....

"Check Injection" the dash is telling me...

Seroius engine fault the book says...

Here we go again ffs :mad:

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Another update....

"Check Injection" the dash is telling me...

Seroius engine fault the book says...

Here we go again ffs :mad:

Good chance its just the glow plugs m8,wont hurt to change them and see

Ahhh cheers mate.....

And only £30 on ebay ;)

Has to be worth a shot,
I'm no expert but it seems to be fairly common solution on the Renault forums :)

Ive just been looking on the renalut forums funny enough....

The heater plugs and/or the wiring. .

Ill have a look in a bit...

cheers mate

D1GG3R, with the sort of mileage you do perhaps you should consider something like a Citroen C3 Diesel, small but reasonably cheap to buy, will do over 60mpg on the motorway and only £30 a year road tax. It's not the best car in the world but it is definitely not the worst and many of them manage well over 250K miles and they have quite a few extras as standard.

I had a citroen before this mate. Brilliant cars in my eyes...

I probaby do about 17000 a year mate..

Its booked in for a diagnostics on friday. If they come back with anything stupid, im getting shut of it!

vw tdi is the way to go mate
change the oil and filters every 8 to 10 k will run forever

Back