Remote watching box on Iphone

bob100

Inactive User
Reaction score
having enjoyed watching old vu+ box on iphone in different rooms around the house on iphone, I'm trying to sort same out remotely.

I'm using VU+ PlayerHD as the app and have enabled web interface on the box.

what do I put in the Host or IP address box.

I can port forward the router fine (log in and put a static IP address etc)

I've been on NOIP, registered an account but not done anything else.

Cheers

In Vu Player App:

ip-address: what ever your box is

dyn dns add: this is your no-ip account address

port no: the number for your web interface

username:

password: both self explanatory

enable transcoding: tick yes 8002

you need to port forward the 8002 part to match your ip address if your router allows you to mask the 8002 to a different port then do that as opening 8002 could allow a hacker mask to a different port

in the VU+HD app (on the iphone) it only has an option to put the ip address of the box in, I can get that all working across my wifi but not remotely.

hmmm.
time for a nosey round the box's menu's
i've created a noip account

you should have a screen that looks something like this with all options:

Vu Player.png

Nope - not on the one of two apps (other one doesn't do hd)
nutepapy.jpg

Obviously the ip is the address of the box

Image is Vix 16 on vu+duo2 with 500gig hdd and 80cm moveable dish parked at 28.2.

Gathering dust
Diablo cam
Tm 6900

Not sure what to suggest Bob as the screenshot i took is from the official Vu+ Player App and has always worked externally when setup correctly.

I dont use ios only android so the setup could be slightly different, i will have a check on the other half's iphone

Just a Quick Follow up on this @bob100 did a bit of reading and from your first post it appears you are using the new Vu+ Player HD app only available for apple users with this in mind the so called HD app does not allow for external streaming only internal to either your iPhone or iPad etc..

If you want to stream outside via No-IP you need to use the older Vu+ Player app or Dreamdroid which both support external use

Last edited by a moderator:
Back