Remember Maggie

at the end of the day Maggie Thatcher was elected by the british people and while her policies were harsh and caused suffering to people, they were legal. she did what she felt was best for the country at the time.

the posts were removed because they advocated causing pain and suffering to an individual. if the thread can't stay on track and and people can't have an adult discussion of the relative merits or disadvantages of her policies without resorting to some of the comments that were made before it will end up being closed.

she must of down something right as she was elected in 3 times, she must have been one of the longest if not the longest serving PM in the 20th century, my parents never voted for her though

no PM can keep 100% of the people happy

well taking into account she was elected in the main by middle england.. and the rest of the country hated her.. I wonder what her how many in the north east/west and Scotland and Wales voted for her.. the very areas she destroyed.. but the rest of the country no doubt loved her..

well she wasn't very popular in ireland either, but at the end of the day, love her or hate her, you have to agree the woman had guts!

ususual i disagree with you ruthless yes, but i dont think admiring someone who stuck to her beliefs and those beliefs had a direct impact on hundreds of thousands of families suffering is a good thing... while i agree those that were well off done well out of her.. the rest rest were given no support at all...

oh i'm not a fan of hers and never have been. the miners strikes got huge coverage over here as well. and the falklands war. :(

i'm just saying when you look at things like the brighton bombings etc and the fact that so many people hated her; she still pursued what she believed to be right, whether it affected her personal safety or not. and in that way she had courage.

the posts were removed because they advocated causing pain and suffering to an individual.

I in no way advocated CAUSING pain, or suffering, to Maggie. stating a wish, and advocating the implementation of the wish, are very different beasts. indeed the same was true of the other post that was removed.

@DiamondGeezer.write the post to upset or cause a reaction? you could not be more wrong. i was simply stating my, strongly held, feelings. and why the hell would i mention Gordon Brown in a thread remembering M Thatcher?

oh i'm not a fan of hers and never have been. the miners strikes got huge coverage over here as well. and the falklands war. :(

i'm just saying when you look at things like the brighton bombings etc and the fact that so many people hated her; she still pursued what she believed to be right, whether it affected her personal safety or not. and in that way she had courage.

she always said she didn't care how she was thought of her. as for attacks. the Brighton bomb, and that's the lot. she didn't care what people though, because they don't matter. only here view was valid. i honestly don't see any bravery there. true she had the courage of here convictions, but at the cost of a total lack of empathy. Empathy and a clear vision of your purpose mark really good leaders. she only managed half the equation.

Last edited:
She never left the country in such a mess as Blair and his hand me down,Brown have,they are both scottish and fooked all of the U.K up.They are gonna be hated more than Maggie in history,cos paying this defecit off will cost more jobs and cause more suicides and depression on people than anything Maggie did!!!

She never left the country in such a mess as Blair and his hand me down,Brown have,they are both scottish and fooked all of the U.K up.They are gonna be hated more than Maggie in history,cos paying this defecit off will cost more jobs and cause more suicides and depression on people than anything Maggie did!!!

you dont half talk some amount of crap...

@DiamondGeezer.write the post to upset or cause a reaction? you could not be more wrong. i was simply stating my, strongly held, feelings. and why the hell would i mention Gordon Brown in a thread remembering M Thatcher?

:err: Think you are barking up the wrong tree, I've not mention your name or refered to any off your posts. did I say you mentioned Gordon Brown? if so where?

The OP knows exactly what he is doing by starting this type of thread, it will cause arguments amongst members. It was sad to see that members here wish the death off other people on an open forum.

There is no way in a million years this thread would have a normal debate on DW

Perhaps you better look back at the crap you've been spouting about before you question my ethics COLIN!:proud:

didnt question your ethics once i just said you are talking crap, try and remember that everyone in scotland dispised that woman, and to be honest its not really something you can relate to as you didnt see what she caused.. equally to then go on the attack and single out scottish politicians as if to RAM home good ole english maggie sod you jocks was again uncalled for...

If a mod is reading this please dont close or delete thread.. id be keep to take other views on this..

what utter rubbish. and showing a clear poverty of knowledge, about the period. but then why would you? you have no experience of before and probability, during her ERROR. Thatcher killed far more British soldiers, than have died in the current conflict. she was also responsible for the loss of, vastly, more jobs then both Blair, Brown, Major and Callaghan all put together. she frittered away the profits from our North Sea oil. the vast majority of which was spent keeping the millions of unemployed, that she directly cause. apparently "a Price worth paying" in her own vile words.

truth is bud the history book already show her as the despot she was. she even embarrasses the Conservative Party now.

whilst i agree the Labour government didn't do enough to help. the deficit we have now is a direct result of her policy's in the mid 80's. it was, in fact, at a far lower level, up until the year running up to the crash, than at any time under Thatcher and Major. I know its a pain. but real facts tell the real story.

I have WORKED (not been told, or heard of) under Ted heath, Harold Wilson, James Callaghan, Margaret Thatcher, John Major, Tony Blair, Gordon Brown and David Cameron. you may not like my views. but they do, at least, come from experience. (and my own, not somebody else's)

I give in guy's,you win,whatever i say and you say will differ,i'm a working class guy who also worked under most of the last few Pm's too, i have my opinion and you have yours.At least one thing has come out of this little discussion,is that we have the right to discuss and air our thoughts,in a democracy created by leaders with good will and strengh to follow up their convictions,may it never change!

IAt least one thing has come out of this little discussion,is that we have the right to discuss and air our thoughts,in a democracy created by leaders with good will and strengh to follow up their convictions,may it never change!

here here!

err, and i gota admit the "Ted Heath" section of my "work, was a bit of a stretch. that was only a paper round!

what utter rubbish. and showing a clear poverty of knowledge, about the period. but then why would you? you have no experience of before and probability, during her ERROR. Thatcher killed far more British soldiers, than have died in the current conflict. she was also responsible for the loss of, vastly, more jobs then both Blair, Brown, Major and Callaghan all put together. she frittered away the profits from our North Sea oil. the vast majority of which was spent keeping the millions of unemployed, that she directly cause. apparently "a Price worth paying" in her own vile words.

truth is bud the history book already show her as the despot she was. she even embarrasses the Conservative Party now.

whilst i agree the Labour government didn't do enough to help. the deficit we have now is a direct result of her policy's in the mid 80's. it was, in fact, at a far lower level, up until the year running up to the crash, than at any time under Thatcher and Major. I know its a pain. but real facts tell the real story.

I have WORKED (not been told, or heard of) under Ted heath, Harold Wilson, James Callaghan, Margaret Thatcher, John Major, Tony Blair, Gordon Brown and David Cameron. you may not like my views. but they do, at least, come from experience. (and my own, not somebody else's)

Still waiting for your reply post #31

Can you also back up this post with some real facts?

Why did she last as long as she did if she was wasn't fit for the job? was the majority of the country wrong for 3 terms.

Why has this been brought up 21 years after she left office..........surly we've moved on since then

:err: Think you are barking up the wrong tree, I've not mention your name or refered to any off your posts. did I say you mentioned Gordon Brown? if so where?

The OP knows exactly what he is doing by starting this type of thread, it will cause arguments amongst members. It was sad to see that members here wish the death off other people on an open forum.

There is no way in a million years this thread would have a normal debate on DW

sorry for that, My mistake. all these deleted posts make it hared to follow.

Still waiting for your reply post #31

Can you also back up this post with some real facts?

Why did she last as long as she did if she was wasn't fit for the job? was the majority of the country wrong for 3 terms.

Why has this been brought up 21 years after she left office..........surly we've moved on since then

real fact? lol. you mean internet links? lol, good idea, they are so reliable. now if you want to read the truth, be my guest. if you can find any evidence, i am in error. i will prove you wrong, lol.

it was brought up, because somebody wanted to talk about it. you may not, but that's not up to you, is it? and if you think her ERROR is of no consequence to today. its probably not worth engaging in the discussion.

any how:
FALKLANDS WAR. a political decision was made. not to remove some Argentinian fishermen from south Georgia (i think it was there.) if Maggie hadn't meddled in that, the entire conflict would not have happens. so no British losses.
The General Belgrano was sunk in international waters, well outside the British Exclusion zone. the order came from number 10. even though the action was illegal. nearly 1,400 murdered Argentinian Soldiers and sailors.
di you really think Maggie didnt know?

proof? read any book on the subject by serving, high ranking, officers of the time. they all tell the same story. this was and is a war crime. and all to get, what was then, the most unpopular Prime minister, the country had ever had re elected. without the Falklands war, Maggie would not have had a second term.

as for the Oil money, that's all in government account, and all are available if you care to ask.

as for the quote i used attributing it to Maggie? well apart from "the Lady is not for Turning" its here most famous/infamous quote.

Nice to see a debate that hasn't gone way out of line apart from a few removed posts it's been good honest stuff :Clap:

real fact? lol. you mean internet links? lol, good idea, they are so reliable. now if you want to read the truth, be my guest. if you can find any evidence, i am in error. i will prove you wrong, lol.

it was brought up, because somebody wanted to talk about it. you may not, but that's not up to you, is it? and if you think her ERROR is of no consequence to today. its probably not worth engaging in the discussion.

any how:
FALKLANDS WAR. a political decision was made. not to remove some Argentinian fishermen from south Georgia (i think it was there.) if Maggie hadn't meddled in that, the entire conflict would not have happens. so no British losses.
The General Belgrano was sunk in international waters, well outside the British Exclusion zone. the order came from number 10. even though the action was illegal. nearly 1,400 murdered Argentinian Soldiers and sailors.
di you really think Maggie didnt know?

proof? read any book on the subject by serving, high ranking, officers of the time. they all tell the same story. this was and is a war crime. and all to get, what was then, the most unpopular Prime minister, the country had ever had re elected. without the Falklands war, Maggie would not have had a second term.

as for the Oil money, that's all in government account, and all are available if you care to ask.

as for the quote i used attributing it to Maggie? well apart from "the Lady is not for Turning" its here most famous/infamous quote.

show me the links for the evidence then

be it the internet or a reference to a book

Back