Released Commando-12-DM500S Neutrino

Do you think this will be made in to an 'idiots' image with ccam and epg built in etc?

@ PaphosAL cant get no mgcamd versions to work, been going @ it all day... must be something esle needed... Help!!!

gentlex-: Im having the same trouble. Its not something obvious, I have tryed half a dozen mgcamd files and cfg's, i have done almost all permutations of adjustments to the mg_cfg file. It would seem that the cam is not looking in the newcamd.list file for the info.

Its early days for the image. Ill call it a day for the moment and let the wife watch some telly!!

Juicyfruit

Try running mgcam via telnet (and debug mode) and post up any error message you see.

I'm guessing a missing lib......

gentlex-: Im having the same trouble. Its not something obvious, I have tryed half a dozen mgcamd files and cfg's, i have done almost all permutations of adjustments to the mg_cfg file. It would seem that the cam is not looking in the newcamd.list file for the info.

Its early days for the image. Ill call it a day for the moment and let the wife watch some telly!!

Juicyfruit

Ok thanks for the hint, I ran mgcamd in telnet and it did indeed throw an error for a missing file/folder although i had followed AL's instructions in the previous post to put the file in var/lib, this folder didn't exist so i made it.
i put the file in there tryed it and failed
so i renamed it to so.0 as advised, and still i failed
Yhowever in the root dir is a folder called lib with loads of so.0 files in there
and this is also the case with the pli image which has the libcrypto.so.0.9.7
and libcrypto.so.0 files in there already.
I thought i was on to a winner here until i tryed putting the file in there!!
The only trouble is the folder it needs to go in is "read only system" and no matter how i try - Telnet chmod - or std ftp chmod it will not let me do a thing. if i do "ls -la /lib" it tells me root has full control. this is not the case though.

I thought about extracting the *.img file on the pc and iserting the files that way but there doesnt seem to be a way of editing the img, ony extract to view.

I have tryed tuxbox commander. as i have had problems with file and folder permissions before on the dbox2. this is also a no go.

Am i missing something silly here.

Regards
Juicyfruit

Try running mgcam via telnet (and debug mode) and post up any error message you see.

I'm guessing a missing lib......
you might be right... tried ftping the lib file to lib folder with the right chmod but it keeps failing to ftp over also tried creating a lib folder in var but that dont seem to have any effect.
is there another way to ftp this lib file over to the lib folder???

Looking online there is no way to add/change files in the lib folder as its forms part of the squashfs, which is designed to be read only.
one of the ways possible said "copy the squashfs to ram, modify it and then flash it back,"
I was out of my depth to start, with now i'm drowning.

Try putting the missing lib into the same folder as your cam (/var/bin/emu)

It should find it that way, don't forget to set the lib file permissions (755)

Try it and feedback please.......

Last edited:
I'm sure the support will be in the next release :proud: and maybe even a decent epg

Boswell-

Tryed putting the lib file in the emu folder,
libcrypto.so.0.9.7
and libcrypto.so.0
with permission set,

the same error comes up in telnet

/var/bin/emu # ./mgcamd
./mgcamd: error while loading shared libraries: libcrypto.so.0.9.7: cannot open
shared object file: No such file or directory
/var/bin/emu #

juicyfruit

Can you pm me the exact files you are using so I can try for you at my end and hopefully find a fix for you?

Boswell-

Tryed putting the lib file in the emu folder,
libcrypto.so.0.9.7
and libcrypto.so.0
with permission set,

the same error comes up in telnet

/var/bin/emu # ./mgcamd
./mgcamd: error while loading shared libraries: libcrypto.so.0.9.7: cannot open
shared object file: No such file or directory
/var/bin/emu #

juicyfruit

Boswell-

Link sent in messages
regards
juicyfruit

Got them, but you posted as a public visitor message! Anyway got them and deleted the visitor message.

I'll try and do a clean neutrino build with your stuff and see what libs are created for you, probably at the weekend.

Well, telly is crap tonight, so I had a play for you.....

A clean build with the "Binary" you want to use creates a rather large libcrypto.so.0.9.7

Is just over 800kb.

My clean build with that created lib appears to run your mgcamd without lib errors, but it looks like mg really needs that lib in /lib (like my clean build)

I enclose the lib for you..........

3 choices....

1. Wait till Team Commando do a build with that lib in the correct place.

2. Sweet talk AL into using his squash tools to nail that lib into /lib for you on the commando image.

3. Obtain the squash tools yourself and nail it in to commando /lib.

Like I say, got mg working here on a clean build without a lib error, but why do you want mg anyway???

The lib you need is enclosed below.....

Last edited:
The server we use uses newcamd C/W mgcamd,
We tryed CCCam but the freezing and glitching was "Shocking"
so went with new and mg and everything is "awesome"

We're all used to the neutrino images from the CBL days, and the kids/wife are used to having the bouq list arrive at the ok button.
Yes i know its only the blue button for bouq to show up, but its like teaching waynetta sometimes in this house.

Anyway thanks for looking and supplying,
I'll have a play this weekend with the squashfs tools.
I'd like to have a go first before being completely spoon fed.
I'll let you know how i get on.

Regards
Juicyfruit

Cool, I know it can be done with squash tools, but using them is something I havn't done myself.

As for bouq list arrive at the ok button, are you talking Enigma? If so, quite easy to mod the remote file.

Let me know how you get on though please?

Not gone so well at the moment,
i've been trying lots of things over the weekend.

lots of errors about not finding squashfs, so i looked harder and it might be a cramfs or jffs2,

I'm gonna keep trying,

there are tut's for making an image but not many for modifying.
most though sudgest ubuntu.

I'll pick up a unit from work tomorrow and install ubuntu on it and have another go.

Regards
Juicyfruit

Last edited:
ok ubuntu, not good
I cannot get unsquashfs to work
the response i get is
Can't find a SQUASHFS superblock on backup.img
lsmod shows no support fo squashfs

so i try and install support by patching and this is the response from the installer
Dependency is not satisfiable: kernel-image-2.6.35-22-generic-di

I'm now having a moment.
juicyfruit

Which version of linux is the best/easiest to get squashfs support patched into to kernel?

Regards
Juicyfruit

You need AL's help on that one, he uses squash tools (I don't, I compile).

But may be worth waiting for the next commando as it should have some very cool fixes and changes coming soon:banana:

Back