Released Commando-12-DM500S Neutrino

youll have to strip the cramfs partition off the commando image first before using your unsquash tools as commando is a max var image and has a none standard start location for its squashfs partition. start of squashfs partition has been set at 100000 instead of 120000 to give \var the extra space instead.

you will need to run this command on your linux system before using your unsquash tools on the converted back-squashfs.img
Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

hi, any news on this image with EPG working , how will the EPG work, how many days ?

Thanks

is that how many days will the epg be for, or how many days until they get their finger out and release a working epg? :)

my guess is a working epg will be included in their next image rather than being released for this image. when this will happen i have no idea though.

i think how many days epg will depend on which version they are going to use too. there's a 14 day configurable version, but that version appears to have an unreliable data source, so you'd really need to run your own epg data mirror server to use that one. the other version which is pretty much 100% reliable uses only 2 days epg, so that all downloading and processing can be done onbox without using network mounts.

2 days would be great, compared to how it is now, cant wait

Hate to jump the gun but is there an ETA for the next image?
i'm really looking forward to having the neutrino layout back again with the EPG

PS: are there no plugins that can be used like sqlite to port the EPG over?

cheers.
CrazyFool.

Hate to jump the gun but is there an ETA for the next image?
i'm really looking forward to having the neutrino layout back again with the EPG

PS: are there no plugins that can be used like sqlite to port the EPG over?

cheers.
CrazyFool.

yes, an online epg plugin has been released for this image now.
NeuXmlEPG (RYTEC2DAY) v1-0

Hi all, iv been trying to find the "NeuXmlEPG (RYTEC2DAY) v1.0" epg plugin for commando, has it been posted on DW or has anybody got a link to download as the epg is the only thng keeping me from moving from plijade, Regards

PM LraiZer from this post, hes who posted it on the other site, maybe he will upload here if ya ask nice! ;)

NeuXmlEPG (RYTEC2DAY) v1.0

Online EPG for Commando12 Dreambox 500 Satellite Image

install:
ftp install.tar to /var/etc/ then reboot box to install

required:
reboot box prior to processing epg to free box memory!
box must have an active connection to the internet!

press BLUE BUTTON > BLUE BUTTON > RED BUTTON to add current channel to the processing list for online epg.

select Load Online EPG at StartUP>ON and reboot box to have online epg auto download and run 60 seconds after you turn your box on. this is the recomended option!

edit the following files to modify the /var/etc/e1_UK.dat channel list file during a new channel list download process:
/var/etc/e1_UK_add.dat
/var/etc/e1_UK_delete.dat

will the epg still need mapping to the channels or is this done automatically like it is on the VU+

Cheers,

Superb with the epg, thanks

is there anyway to adjust the storage from /tmp to a network share?

thanks

NeuXmlEPG (RYTEC2DAY) v1.0

Online EPG for Commando12 Dreambox 500 Satellite Image

install:
ftp install.tar to /var/etc/ then reboot box to install

required:
reboot box prior to processing epg to free box memory!
box must have an active connection to the internet!

press BLUE BUTTON > BLUE BUTTON > RED BUTTON to add current channel to the processing list for online epg.

select Load Online EPG at StartUP>ON and reboot box to have online epg auto download and run 60 seconds after you turn your box on. this is the recomended option!

edit the following files to modify the /var/etc/e1_UK.dat channel list file during a new channel list download process:
/var/etc/e1_UK_add.dat
/var/etc/e1_UK_delete.dat

excellent work LraiZer, many thanks, easy to install an setup, i prefer
neutrino [like a few others by the size of this thread] only a couple of other plugins needed like ECM information and sat signal info like satfind as in DM+ img, if this is achievable im sure it would convert alot more peeps to commando, either way ill be using it :Cheers: :ur the man:

This image is THE fooking shit.
where's the gun cocking noise upon boot up? ;)

Last edited:
Hey guys run into a problem with this image.
first of all,
i couldnt install the epg plugin, probably cos i'm a bit thick,
could someone please tell me where i'm going wrong.
i ftp'd the file across.
did a reboot, but nothing happens,
nothing happens when i press blue blue red either.
i think i get taken into tuxbox commander :S

the second problem is that the box wont go into standby the red light comes on but thats about it.
the commando background and everthing else is present...
Thanks in advance,

Crazy.

Hey guys run into a problem with this image.
first of all,
i couldnt install the epg plugin, probably cos i'm a bit thick,
could someone please tell me where i'm going wrong.
i ftp'd the file across.
did a reboot, but nothing happens,
nothing happens when i press blue blue red either.
i think i get taken into tuxbox commander :S

the second problem is that the box wont go into standby the red light comes on but thats about it.
the commando background and everthing else is present...
Thanks in advance,

Crazy.

did you blue blue then do as posted.

so you do blue blue red and then the rest?
sorry i just confused myself because it was near the bottom of the list.

Is this Image any better than Darkstar 2,
was thinking of giving it a go when I get some time

Back