[Release] Commando 9.0

Did you activate a rom in the menu? Activate rom7.

Are you sure you chmod 755 every file in /var/keys?

If settings aren't saving, it's usually a bad flash. Reflash and it usually sorts it.

hi,

i have just put on commando 9 on my nokia dbox2, being a newbie, i thought i did fairly well, but can only view fta channel. Reading through some other threads, i have learnt i need to:-
copy over the magic files to var\keys (i have thrown everything into this folder)
i think i have managed to CHMOD using wsftp
i have set my location
i have set the ucode to 001A (though when it reboots the box it goes back to 0014)

doing my head in now....any help would be much appreciated.

thanks.

moe.

this is a bug that is being fixed, it actually does change the ucode, but mis reports as 0014 still,

can a mod please merge this thread into the feedback thread please

It you use this image please read the writeup

the password is commando

this image has been solid since the first day it arrived....big thx to nitr8 and the commando team....fab work guys !!!!!!!!!!

commando images are usually great not saying this one isnt even though cant get it working on mine or my sister in laws hdd works excellent easy to setup for internal ide
but i could do with some help i get a perfect picture on the enigma images but the hdd dont work with evocamd and ucode 0014

the enigma uses evocamd 2.12 and this image uses 2.14

i have tried to replace evocamd with the earlier version but it wont let me delete the one in /bin/

wont let me load the other one to it either it wont let me adjust anything in this folder at all permissiion is set at 755

i did change it to gcamd and place it in the correct folder did reboot but the image doesnt seem to find gcamd when selected

so can anyone tell me what im doing wrong ?

really doin my head in these dboxes now

bloody power cut as well whilst flashing one put it into kein and wiped out my hd on the pc

the image is squshfs wich is read-only,

anything you put in /var/bin will be used before its counterpart in /bin/

--me

So, hollow- if you follow what nitr8 is saying, you should be able to get your 2.12 version running by ftp'ing it to /var/bin then chmod it to 755.

You could try the exact same procedure for the camd2 and gbox files, also chmod 755. This should work when you select GBOX & CAMD2 in the softcams menu. (I can't get it to work as GBOX on it's own). Let us know how you get on, m8?

Cheers- AL

hi
great image TC like the new menu layout .
been trying to get newcamd to run so far it starts up for about 5-10 min then just stops will have ago at puting newcamd in var/bin to see if it runs any better but i noticed that the newcamd folder containing newcamd.conf file is missing in config folder.
still a great image and thanks for the hard work put in to making this another fantastic TC image.
cheers johny48

hi
great image TC like the new menu layout .
been trying to get newcamd to run so far it starts up for about 5-10 min then just stops will have ago at puting newcamd in var/bin to see if it runs any better but i noticed that the newcamd folder containing newcamd.conf file is missing in config folder.
still a great image and thanks for the hard work put in to making this another fantastic TC image.
cheers johny48
i must apologise sorted the newcamd problem i forgot to change the ucode to 001A dooooooooooo sorry
:Kickassro

Thanks for another great image guys. Just put this on tonight and ive been very impressed with the picture quality and channel change so far evrything seems rock solid. i like the layout of the menus as well.
thebigman

Fab image. Although i cant seem to get the LCD EPG working. I know it says that it does work and that nhttpd should no be disabled, but not sure how to check this. Thanx

are you on 9.0 or 9.25

I was on 9.0, now loaded the 9.25 (i should technically be on the 9.25 Thread now but that would just complicate things!). Same issue on 9.25, cannot get LCD-EPG.

Thanks

Newcamd

@PaphosAl

If you're going to use newcamd, create a folder at /var/lib and drop these two files (in the attached .rar) and chmod 755.

Newcamd requires a couple of specific library files to run smoothly, if you download the latest newcamd from lat year you'll notice it comes with these files, these are different to the ones that evocamd provides.

I did write a script into the rcs startup about a year ago that checked what camd you were using and created symlinks in /var/lib that pointed to the correct library files (i had versions of both: libcamdio.so.0.newcamd, libcrypto.so.0.9.7.newcamd libcamdio.so.0.evocamd libcrypto.so.0.9.7.evocamd in the squashfs /lib folder, as i mention the symlink merely changed to point to the relative files)

I havent used newcamd in a while and wasnt aware that it accepted fake key changes on rom7 so this might all be academic now, but it might be something the team commando guys may want to investigate?

--
Regards,

Fascinating read, learntofly- thanks for this input. I'll give these files a spin over the weekend on C9.25 and report back. Like I said above, running rom7 only, newcamd never wanted to play ball through many different images. But recently, hey presto! It clears... Strange thing is though, when you look at the keylist file, both pk's have 4 bytes shifted up or down by a factor of 1.

So a 3 becomes a 4, a C becomes a B etc etc. But it still decrypts...

Respects- AL

Update: Just tested, but same result as above, LTF. I'm not sure neutrino will automatically use your 2 new files in /var/lib/ unless nitr8 and tapper create a symlink specially for this? (I'm only a humble tester, not a very good one at that- not a modder / compiler, LOL!).

I made sure to have /var/keys/keylist at 0 bytes with evocamd running, then switched to newcamd, waited for it to clear, then rebooted. The data I see in keylist is still fake for 4 bytes in each row, but it works! (Gbox & camd2 gives similar results in it's nagra file, but 3 bytes in each row are shifted; that works fine, too). Cheers- AL

Last edited:
Back