[Release] Commando 9.0

looks nice, simpler to use than most images. However, i couldn't get it to work.
the only channels that worked were the free to air channels. changed the softcam and ucodes, still no joy.
did notice the Nagra Roms were all disabled.
playing around with the box with the box disconnected from all feeds, I enabled the Roms, but once I went out the menus and back in again the Roms were disabled again.
low Ber High SNR, So SIG, on a sagem box
don't think its the the tuner as i get different values with different images!
any ideas or suggestion
Thanks in advance

- No ROM's
- No Keys

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?resources/1199/

Hope this helps

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks,

had a look at this file, not sure what to do with it?

do i just add/replace the downloaded folder with the one on the box.

thanks

Thanks,

had a look at this file, not sure what to do with it?

do i just add/replace the downloaded folder with the one on the box.

thanks

The folder /var/k*ys/ on your box is empty, m8. So FTA only. You need to fill that empty folder with the contents of the same folder from the downloaded file, via FTP. And don't forget that many of the files need to be CHMOD 755 (also via FTP). Cheers- AL

in my opinion not worth the effort prefer the fully packaged blade image.

thats uncalled for m8 :( if u dont wanna use the image thats fine

just dont bother posting as its uncalled for feedback

hows it not worth it? the team have put in hours of work into this and when they release the image they want it to stay legal so they take the illegal bits out. overwise theres the chances of no more of these great images.

All it involves is copying 2 folders across, this can be done the same time you put your services, menus across.

Why people expect everything to be done for them amazes me.

geez just because i think the trinity image is better and less hassle to get up and running? tbh i used to use commando and thought the images were poor in comparison to others like the DON etc..

geez just because i think the trinity image is better and less hassle to get up and running? tbh i used to use commando and thought the images were poor in comparison to others like the DON etc..

I'm sure TC would take on board constructive crticism or replys to their efforts, but to dismiss the image without trying it, how can you comment,

if you took the time to type out a few lines stating wot could be improved compared to other images, not only would commando benifit but also other modders may use the info.

I'm sure TC would take on board constructive crticism or replys to their efforts, but to dismiss the image without trying it, how can you comment,

if you took the time to type out a few lines stating wot could be improved compared to other images, not only would commando benifit but also other modders may use the info.

thanks to the advice in this forum in the past im familiar with how to set commando images up and i have tried commando 9 and found the quality not as good as the blade image.. i appreciate the guys put in a lot of work to the image and i tip my hat to them i used commando 6 for ages.. i was just saying to the chap that there is an image out there that I consider (IMO) better and would be less hassle to set up. I never subscribed to this notion that if you dont put keys in an image it forces people to learn... To summarise the chaps who do commando do a great job but unless someone can tell me the benefits of this image over the blade image then i shall happily continue saying the blade image was better for me...

well....i prefer commando 9 ..to anything out there......
cleared up a lot of issues i had with don and blade( both excellent images for some people) !...just my opinion of course .........

geez just because i think the trinity image is better and less hassle to get up and running? tbh i used to use commando and
thought the images were poor in comparison to others like the DON etc..
But you never actually said this in your first post, or this
thanks to the advice in this forum in the past im familiar with how to set commando images up and i have tried commando 9 and found the quality not as good as the blade image.. i appreciate the guys put in a lot of work to the image and i tip my hat to them i used commando 6 for ages.. i was just saying to the chap that there is an image out there that I consider (IMO) better and would be less hassle to set up. I never subscribed to this notion that if you dont put keys in an image it forces people to learn... To summarise the chaps who do commando do a great job but unless someone can tell me the benefits of this image over the blade image then i shall happily continue saying the blade image was better for me...
You just posted the following comment first which was not constructive feedback at all.
As you never gave your reasons why you came to this conclusion.

Much of what you say is subjective, Colin. ALL these images are built on pretty much the same CVS, which is updated on virtually a daily basis, so to say that the image quality of C9 (cvs 28/10/07) is poorer than Blade (cvs over a month ago) is not really on, m8. Tuxbox are hardly likely to downgrade the video drivers etc from one release to another, are they?

Each image has it's merits, and pecadillos. Each to their own. I too think very highly of Blade Trinity, but I'm sure xenafan would be the first to agree that, being JFFS2 format, you're very limited as to what you can add into it before it becomes 'full up' an read-only...

There again, lots of peeps don't want to play about with the image- they just want free tv spoon-fed to 'em.

Cheers- AL :handball:

I can also be just as constructive as Colin Mckenzie.

Colin Mckenzie you are an ass :p

--me

P.S. If you don't know what the hell you talking about keep your opinions to yourself.

I can also be just as constructive as Colin Mckenzie.
Colin Mckenzie you are an ass :p
--me
P.S. If you don't know what the hell you talking about keep your opinions to yourself.

LOL ....................

chrispeters,

The following changes have been done:

- Fixed Gemman Clock in standby
- Fixed MP3 defaut to gun
- Added Server Menu (Control yweb / ftpd / and other start stuff)
- Added more ifs in rcS and start to obay Server Menu

Seing that you love the image so much, and I know how anoying the german clock fonts in stanby are on drop me a pm with your details and I'll send you an image.

You can use that untill we release 8.10 :)

--me

woohoo....i tell u wot...this image kicks ass...wow....
My box never been as solid !!! not a glitch...smooth as silk !
Excellent work !!!!

wow m8

i dont come in this section very often only to have a nose around

good to see renwich is still here and the commando team still pushing out very strong images

im just sad that i dont have a dbox sometimes as sometimes i want to tuck in but i feel i would be rusty lol

thanks for sharing renwich your a diamond

need abit of help with commando 9

hi,

i have just put on commando 9 on my nokia dbox2, being a newbie, i thought i did fairly well, but can only view fta channel. Reading through some other threads, i have learnt i need to:-
copy over the magic files to var\keys (i have thrown everything into this folder)
i think i have managed to CHMOD using wsftp
i have set my location
i have set the ucode to 001A (though when it reboots the box it goes back to 0014)

doing my head in now....any help would be much appreciated.

thanks.

moe.

Back