[RELEASE] commando 8.20

Hi,
Can anyone help, this seems to be an issue with 8.2 (because I have other Dboxs running other images and it doesnt happen on them)...

Randomly (usually after a day or so), the box will lose all channels (not the epg but the picture itself), and you get a channel not available message and a red 'loc' icon on the channel info bar.

Have tried just about every combination of cam and ucode and makes no difference.

If I do a re-scan it doesn't pick up any channels (just a few data channels). I have re-set the location and checked the numbers against another working box and they are indeed correct, but still it won't pick up any channels on a scan.

Only solution is to re-flash and recopy the important key files and start all over again... then the next day it starts playing up again....

Arrrgggghhh, driving me mad!

Anyone shed any light on what might be going on, is this a bug, or am I doing something (for the life of me I can't think it's me cos I'm not changing anything, but you never know.... :) )

Thanks

Hi,
Thanks for the reply, but I don't think that is the problem, I was led to believe that the 'set my location' just pre-sets the scanning data numbers for a quick service scan rather than using the full service scan, it doesn't do anything else that would cause a working set of services.xml files to stop working (someone please correct me if this isnt the case). For the record though, I have tried this anyway, and it makes no difference. I have discovered however that the red loc icon disappears if I change to evocam, but the picture and epg still don't work....

I have a fully working set of services/bouquets that I am copying from another working box....

Any other help greatly appreciated..... also would love to know what all of the icons on the infobar actually mean, has anyone created a reference guide?

Thanks

Yes changing the cams did make the LOC change to three question marks (???), but still no picture.

Changing the location did it for me in the end and has been workin fine now for two days.

hi all
had the same problem as you's have mentioned regards the red loc on the info bar and channel not available i know about the location reset thing but tried something different.

In the services menu i pressed reload channel list then pressed restart neutrino waited on the camd to restart after that every thing has been fine no need to reboot.
let me know if it works for anybody els.
cheers johny48

hi a noticed a post from a guy on this feed who changed his ucode from 0014 to 001A did this help i have no problems with egp but i get the odd freeze every now and then just wondered if changing the ucode might spot this little problem :Boo:

one thing i noticed was my cams if i use mgcamd i get 3 question marks and decoding pending but the cam stick clears ok any ideas why. evocamd seems ok

Mine is the same in dublin, I have cam 10 & 11 disabled. evocam shows the nagra info, mgcam doesnt. AND mgcam seems better since it didnt freeze on a channel that evocam did on a few times. Is there a way to turn off that info from the infobar, just gets in the way of the TV picture.

So I've loaded the /var/keys folder with some "magic keys" using ftp and I can see all those files in there.
When the files are on or about to go on you have to change them to attribute 755. I do this by highlighting them all and rightclicking in filezilla after they are loaded on.

I've tried various searches such as "enable keys" "keys" but am going round in circles I guessed there is not a sticky on this for obvious reasons.
press dbox- settings. now in "yellow" nagra roms you have to go in and pick settings. Dunno what area you are in. Nagra 3&7 enabled, 10&11 disabled, ucode 001A and mgcam work best for me.

Yikes! I'm getting transponder failed message when trying to do a scan :( I can't even FTP into the box to check any files :confused: I've tried user root and passwords dbox and dbox2 - I haven't touched a Dbox in 6 months as I went over to a Dreambox... could someone put me out of my misery please?

Thanks

i got transponder failed, rebooted and tried again a few times, it worked third time luckyy...

The only bad thing I have to say about this image, like the Commando ones before it, is that I don't like all of the extra info on the EPG bar. I find it quite intrusive and a bit of a pain.

Maybe I'm just a moaner he he as the rest of the images, including this one, have been excellent on the boxes I look after for other people :)

I finally got this image to work but i transferred my /keys & /emu folders from my sportster 1.10 image

and bingo :)

still no movie epg?

Unless I'm being dumb I cant see if anyone has found a fix for this yet? I still have the problem of no movie channel epg.

I was using commando 6 and had 2 bouquets set up, 1 for the hidden movie channels (i.e. those without epg) and 1 for the "listings" i.e. no movies but the epg info was available. With version 8.2 there's no epg for movies at all!

I've loaded sportster and I get the epg, I even loaded back Commando 6 and get the epg so I'm assuming it must be something in this image? I use bouquet wizard to load back my channels each time I've loaded a new image so in theory the info should be constant for all.
Help!

JUst an update from me on this image. Has been super stable and works superb for my 500GB hard disk. Recording excellent. Anyone wanting to get hard disk use from an image I would highly recommend it. NO problems now with directories and configuration. Partitioned in to 100GB for photos and music and 400GB for movies and recording. All works great.

Back