Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[RELEASE] commando 8.20

i'm in pure nthell with no issues - thought i had no probs because i copied over service files as i always do from previous img - don't really understand if u have all the channels u want why rescan? anyhow fast scanned in this img all movies found all showing epg - thought u had to use hid channels because all others are stream for pin number...perhaps it is tw issue?

cheers

I think the No information available is a telewest issue at the moment, what area are you in?

hi
just changed ucode from 0014 to 001A and epg worked on all but one channel
Sky Movies Modern.
im in tw area so its cc fault (im phoning to complain) :roflmao: lol
thanks for the info

cheers johny48

Gone back to 8.1 for now.
Not getting any epg on any movie channel apart from the Family one which as always been on anyway. (ex C&W) Not even getting epg on the pin request screen ones now either.
Great image all the same.

Thanks Nitr8 and team. First time I have used commando images as I'd been on same image for ages a digital worldz pro one. Used this for a night or so and scan and channels all fine. My primary reason for using this image is to make use of the IDE interface support as I have just received my IDE interface and this seemed to be the best image to allow me to set the IDE up.

As the picture quality is very good and it has all these features I suspect I will be sticking with it. Just in middle of formatting a 40GB hard drive(AGAIN) as when did it last night said 0 bytes available to write. Its taken 8 hours so far. Is this normal when formatting through the images? Scary to think of time for 250GB plus format!

nope, thats defnatly not normal, it takes me about 1 min to format a 60GB disk (XFS) what FS are you using? are you 100% sure there is nothing wrong with your disk?

--me

nope, thats defnatly not normal, it takes me about 1 min to format a 60GB disk (XFS) what FS are you using? are you 100% sure there is nothing wrong with your disk?

--me
Hi nitr8. Thanks for that heads up. Saves me wasting tons of time. Much appreciated that. No I can't swear there is nothing wrong with the disk. Tried two though and one took ages and seemed to see all the details but showed there was no available disk space to use. I formatted usiing EXT3 as I thought that was what we were supposed to use. I have brought the two disks in to work with me to try and check them out that way. (I dont have a Desktop at home only Laptop).

I am just not that hot on how to use the hard disk nitr8. I have nosed about for settings and all I picked up was use EXT3 for recording, set to turn spts mode on for recording etc. Nothing too much about getting the disk prepped.

Hi nitr8. Thanks for that heads up. Saves me wasting tons of time. Much appreciated that. No I can't swear there is nothing wrong with the disk. Tried two though and one took ages and seemed to see all the details but showed there was no available disk space to use. I formatted usiing EXT3 as I thought that was what we were supposed to use. I have brought the two disks in to work with me to try and check them out that way. (I dont have a Desktop at home only Laptop).

I am just not that hot on how to use the hard disk nitr8. I have nosed about for settings and all I picked up was use EXT3 for recording, set to turn spts mode on for recording etc. Nothing too much about getting the disk prepped.

Try and use XFS, its what i personally use and what i prefer. It would also be my first recomaendation to anyone.

--me

give me the e.service_id on where the pic is on and the e.service_id of the epg please?

If you do such reallocation gimmicks you should check also the original network ID (onid).
The channels don't have the same behavior in all areas.

This has to be the best image to date keep up the good work guys....... At some point I will have to stop updating my box as i'm sure it will end up being a very big paper weight.......LOL

one thing i noticed was my cams if i use mgcamd i get 3 question marks and decoding pending but the cam stick clears ok any ideas why. evocamd seems ok

Im still having problems with no epg on any of the movie channels (Pin or Channel) except Sky Family.

I have deleted services and boquets and rescanned. I have changed ucodes but still no luck.

Anyone got any ideas?

Many thanks

OKay this image is still going good for me and I was able to use it fine for my IDE Hard Disk setup. Recording seamless and works a treat. Picture quality seems as good as any. I am having issues where I cant ftp to the hdd directories or create any directories at all under the hdd directory through the dbox file explorer (ie its not just ftp problem).

I suspect that is not the image itself though and is something else I'll need to work on and try and track down info on today. I expect we must be able to put files directly on the hdd through ftp else It not very practical for me to get my music and photos on to.

Cheers.

I am having issues where I cant ftp to the hdd directories or create any directories at all under the hdd directory through the dbox file explorer (ie its not just ftp problem).

urm where are yo trying to crate the subdirectorise? you cannot crate subfolders under /mnt or /hdd , you have to create them if you did a standared mount under /hdd/movies/subfolder

/hdd - read-only
/hdd/movies - write

/mnt/hdd - read only
/mnt/hdd/movies - write

--me

urm where are yo trying to crate the subdirectorise? you cannot crate subfolders under /mnt or /hdd , you have to create them if you did a standared mount under /hdd/movies/subfolder

/hdd - read-only
/hdd/movies - write

/mnt/hdd - read only
/mnt/hdd/movies - write

--me
Hi nitr8. It was more basic than that. I couldnt put any files at all on manually in to those directories. And yes I was only trying to create folders under the movies folder not at the top level hdd mounts.
Cheers/

I have managed to write to mine.
Can you record a film to /hdd/movies (doh dumb question you have already answered )

If you can record then it is writable so it sounds like your pc or ftp program settings, can you write to /var ?

telnet in and cd /hdd/movies
mkdir test
that will prove if you can write directorys or not.

Last edited:
Ok please dont give me pelters for this but...

This is my first image I've tried to load which doesn't have the "keys"

So I've loaded the /var/keys folder with some "magic keys" using ftp and I can see all those files in there.

When i turn the box on it only shows FTA with decode pending on the encrypted.

I've tried various searches such as "enable keys" "keys" but am going round in circles I guessed there is not a sticky on this for obvious reasons.

Could someone give me a hint as to what else I might have to do or search for. I've tried searching as I said on various image threads and must be missing something.

Cheers

Back