recommendations on 500s

The Dentist

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
ok guys got my 500s throught the door. done some reading...familiar with the gist of some things. basically i want to run the steps through before i start anything.

bear in mind im gonna be a client at first.

first im gonna flash an image...my question, which shall i use?
seconds, once flashed, i install ccam i take it?
then after installing that, the person with the server gives me login details=a file he made.
i drop that file into a folder in my dreambox using ftp method?

might be stupid questions lol

I have used the Pli Jade maxvar image on my dm500 and found it to be very reliable. Install CCcam full this will include a file called CCcam.cfg this can be found in the var/etc folder. You will need an ftp program to transfer the CCcam.cfg file from your pc to your dreambox once you have inserted the cline. you will also need to install some sort of channel listing on your dreambox so you can watch the channels.

i take it this is a variation of the pli image found on their site?
found a few results on google for it but where did you get yours from?

dont want to download a duff image and ruin the box. i think i got the other software...will have a gander tomorrow.

You can use the latest OpenPli MaxVar from the official OpenPli site. Maxvar basically means it's a stripped down image with all un-neccesary extras removed..this is good because a Dm500 doesnt have much onboard memory hence using maxvar you get more free memory left.

You can use the built in addons panels to install the extras you need.

i take it this is a variation of the pli image found on their site?
found a few results on google for it but where did you get yours from?

dont want to download a duff image and ruin the box. i think i got the other software...will have a gander tomorrow.

I got rid of my dm500 about 12 months ago so not tried any of the latest images but you can download from here;

PLi® Images website

thanks you r a life saver
i am looking for all day flash for 500s
u r real star
fkekobad

Back