Recommend a Good Thriller Movie?

Mick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Any suggestions on a good Thriller Movie.

The Mrs has asked me to find one lol...

Thought I would ask you all :)

Cheers
Mick

12 Monkeys
A convict named James Cole (Bruce Willis), is send back in time to find information on a deadly virus that is responsible for almost decimating the entire human race. But he is mistakenly sent to 1990 and appearing insane to everybody, he is placed in a mental institution. Now Cole has to find a way to escape and find the group responsible for releasing the deadly virus. Madeleine Stowe and Brad Pitt.

Sequel to 2001: A Space Osyssey. An American-Soviet expedition is dispatched to the coordinates of the Discovery vessel to investigate what happened aboard the ship. On the verge of nuclear war, the crew must investigate the origins of a strange black monolith on Jupiter. Roy Scheider, John Lithgow, Helen Mirren, Bob Balaban, Keir Dullea, Elya Baskin, Dana Elcar, Mary Jo Deschanel.

A Lonely Place to Die
Five climbers in the mountains of Scotland are shocked to find a little girl in a hole in the ground and set her free. Unknowingly, they have crossed a dangerous line. Now their lives are in mortal danger. Melissa George, Ed Speleers and Eamonn Walker.

A Perfect Getaway
Cliff Anderson (Steve Zahn) and Cydney Cydney Anderson (Milla Jovovich), are a couple enjoying their honeymoon in Hawaii when they meet army guy Nick (Timothy Olyphant), who helps them navigate the very difficult terrain. On the trail, they run into a group who informs them of reports about a honeymooning couple that has been found murdered on one of the other islands and that the suspects in the killings are a young white couple. Later, Cliff and Cydney meet Nick's wild girlfriend, Gina (Kiele Sanchez) and tensions begin to rise. As they continue on their path together suspicion begins to grow amongst them... Are they the killer couple?

Act of Valor
This action thriller is based on true events. A team of Navy SEALS go on a mission to rescue a kidnapped agent but when they inadventedly discover a national threat they must embark on an unexpected action packed mission to save us all.

Argo
Based on true events. Iranian mercenaries invade the American embassy. Some Americans are able to escape and must make the dangerous and amazing journey to exit the country alive. Ben Affleck, Bryan Cranston and John Goodman.

Arlington Road
A college professor looses his FBI agent wife in a covert operation. Now he's just beginning to adjust to his new life. He becomes friends with the new neighbors and their kids are playing together. Life continues and he also has begun to date. But as he gets closer to his neighbors something seems amiss when they don't allow the professor to see certain parts of their house and he believes he has caught them lying. Is the professor paranoid or are his neighbors really terrorists? Jeff Bridges, Tim Robbins, Joan Cusack.

Blood Diamond..I loved this one.!!
This action thriller follows ex-mercenary Danny Archer (Leonardo Di Caprio) and fisherman Solomon Vandy (Djimon Hounsou) who are about to learn that Sierra Leone contains a polarizing combination of harsh reality and hope. Hope comes in the form of a rare pink diamond that Vandy attempts to bury after he was ripped away from his wife, daughters and only son by rebels who force the peaceful man into laboring for diamonds. A series of events finds Vandy wasting away in an African jail where Archer, aware of the man’s diamond heist, strikes a life-changing deal: the diamond for Vandy’s family. Surviving a trek through rebel country transforms this deal into a deeper bond placing Vandy in the position of recovering all that was lost and Archer in a position of losing everything. Jennifer Connelly, Stephen Collins, and Arnold Vosloo.

Blood Simple
A man suspects his wife is cheating with a bartender. He hires a private detective to get evidence of the affair and kill her and the man she's cheating with. But things are not always as they seem. John Getz, Frances McDormand, Dan Hedaya, M. Emmet Walsh.

Drive
Driver (Ryan Gosling), a Los Angeles stunt driver by day and driving getaway vehicles for armed robberies by night. When a heist goes all wrong, Driver finds himself being followed by hard core murderous criminals. Now Driver has to drive like never before to safe the life of the woman he loves. Bryan Cranston, Christina Hendricks, Albert Brooks, Ron Perlman.

Elysium, another of my favourites.!!
The year is 2154 and earth has been devastated by over population. The wealthy have been able to escape to an artificial station in space while the rest of humanity lives in ruins. One man decides to go on a mission to save his life and restore balance between the two worlds. Matt Damon, Jodie Foster, Sharlto Copley.

Gangster Squad
Based on real events that took place in the 40s. Mickey, a mob boss, decides to relocate his operations to Los Angeles and take control of the city. He has the top authorities in his pocket and it is up to a group of LAPD officers to take back the city and put Mickey where he belongs. Sean Penn, Ryan Gosling, Emma Stone, Josh Brolin.

Gravity
Dr. Stone, a medical engineer, and Kowalsky, a seasoned astronaut are on a routine mission in space when debris destroys the space station leaving Dr. Stone stranded in space. Sandra Bullock, George Clooney, Ed Harris.

Jack Reacher
A top sniper is accused of the murders of five people. He swears he is innocent and demands an investigation by the top military cop Jack Reacher. As Reacher investigates, he gets deeper in a dangerous world and the truth will not be what he expected. Tom Cruise, Rosamund Pike, Richard Jenkins.

Looper
The year is 2074 and the mob has gotten their hands on some pretty sophisticated way of getting rid of someone. The person is sent back in time where Joe is waiting to whack the unsuspecting victim. But everything changes for Joe when the person sent back in time is his future self! Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Bruce Willis and Emily Blunt.

sorry i was bored.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey maybe we should start a D.W movie guild.
There are a few of us on here who could fit the description of a movie critic.

stupid dress sense-completely eccentric-Talk slow and use big words..

As I've said before, I'm not one for films but I was doing some work at one of my lads a couple of weeks ago and we relaxed with a beer and watched Jack Reacher.

Having read the books I thought Tom Cruise was an odd choice for the role but he absolutely nailed it - very enjoyable.

Children of Men,The International ,Inside man,3-10 To Yuma,Body of Lies,Eagle Eye,The Tourist,The Grey to name but a few!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As I've said before, I'm not one for films but I was doing some work at one of my lads a couple of weeks ago and we relaxed with a beer and watched Jack Reacher.

Having read the books I thought Tom Cruise was an odd choice for the role but he absolutely nailed it - very enjoyable.
Can't agree there, mate: thought Tom Cruise as Jack Reacher was totally miscast. Reacher is a tall, big guy, who doesn't talk too much (what I got from the books, anyway), nothing like the character in the film. Didn't Cruise buy the rights to the books to make the film? Should have cast someone else instead of himself I reckon. That said, if you ignore the title (or haven't read the books) and just watch the film, it's really enjoyable!

Me and the missus loved Taken, and 22 Bullets is ace.

Seen quite a few and will grab the others mentioned :)

I loved Blood Diamond, that has to be one of the best films I have seen (and only watched it about 3 months ago!!!)

Thank you all for the suggestions!

Regards
Mick

Back