Reclining seats on aircraft

I actually had an argument with a woman when I came back from thailand. I had already flown 6 hours to abu dhabi or another arab country. I was knackered to be honest, so wanted a little sleep. I reclined my seat, when this orange granny started kicking my seat. I kindly turned around and asked her not to kick it, and she exclaimed that I was cramping her room. I just laughed, and turned back around.

This continued with her kicking my seat and ranting at her husband, I continued to ignore the lady. She eventually called an air steward across to complain about me reclinging my seat. The steward explained that I was entitled to recline my seat, and had already travelled 6 hours to here, and they had only just gotten on.

The lady was not happy at all, and demanded that we swapped seats with her and her husband, I willingly obliged laughing to myself all the while. I reclined my seat back again, as no one was behind me, and the person that was previously in front of me, and had heard everything then reclined his seat into the womans rather large frame. She was not best pleased tbh.

People shouldn't be allowed to recline their seats at all.

Not a dig at you janobi by the way.

Its perfectly easy to get to sleep on a plane without reclining a seat. To me it just smacks of ignorance to other passengers around you,everyone knows people don't have enough room but people do it anyway.

I think there is too much of the "I've paid for the seat so I'll do what I like" attitude when people fly.

I agree with ephid0r, I bloody hate travelling.

So why have reclining seats if you are not supposed to recline them ?

For people who feel cramped, sorry but pay for the upgrade.

So why have reclining seats if you are not supposed to recline them ?

For people who feel cramped, sorry but pay for the upgrade.

Thats gone completely over your head hasn't it?

I'll spell it out shall I?

PLANES...SHOULDN'T...HAVE...RECLINING...SEATS!

Fellow DW members, I think we have an ignorant flyer!!! :Clap:

Last edited:
Really at the end of the day its the airlines fault. They sould have more space between the seats in the first place.

That would be fine if every fooker didn't base their ticket purchase on price. American Airline took two rows out of some of their planes and put prices up, guess what, their sales went down.

All these people want their £5 flights to europe, guess what, the airlines are going to cut costs where ever they can.

That would be fine if every fooker didn't base their ticket purchase on price. American Airline took two rows out of some of their planes and put prices up, guess what, their sales went down.

All these people want their £5 flights to europe, guess what, the airlines are going to cut costs where ever they can.

WTF has that got to do with ignorant flyers ramming their seat down on other people?

Mind you I shouldn't say that should I. You are a cut above the rest of us and pay for the upgrade so you obviously don't have that problem.

WTF has that got to do with ignorant flyers ramming their seat down on other people?

Mind you I shouldn't say that should I. You are a cut above the rest of us and pay for the upgrade so you obviously don't have that problem.

Yes there are people who lean back without looking but then there are people saying you shouldn't lean your seat back because there is not enough leg room.

i don't see the point of airline having reclining seats at all.
when there is nowhere for them to recline to....
just my two pence worth....

must agree with reclining seats

a lot of travel operators have reduced leg room and crammed in the extra 10 -15 seats

that with obesity problems and lanky wankers then u always gonna have this problem

if you want the leg room and reclining seats then pay for it otherwise sit on a garden bench

slightly off topic, but another thing i hate about airplane seats is the compartment with all the junk magazines etc on back of them.
worst flight i had in my life.
me , the missus and the lad (who was 1.5 years old at the time ) going to tenerife.
because of his age , he was not allowed his own seat(what the fook is that about).
so the two and a half of us were crammed into two tiny seats.
flight was delayed on tarmec with us on board for an hour, so we were on plane for 5 hrs.
the lad wouldnt leave the elastic netting or the fold down trays alone for the full fookin flight, lol.
tray up, down, shakin it... but what can you do with a bored 1 year old??
the peeps in front of us must have had a nightmare flight lol. lol.
to their credit they didn't complain.... (basically young team going to tenerife for a piss up)
but i bet they were calling us all the b******s of the day when they got off plane lol lol

must agree with reclining seats

a lot of travel operators have reduced leg room and crammed in the extra 10 -15 seats

that with obesity problems and lanky wankers then u always gonna have this problem

if you want the leg room and reclining seats then pay for it otherwise sit on a garden bench

But I didn't need extra leg room. I was ok without it (for 2 hours anyway) although my knees are only about 1/2" away from the magazine rack (with me being 6'2"). The problem was that the family in front had obviously paid for extra leg room as they were sat behind the toilets in the middle row and she obviously thought this gave her the right to slam her seat right back without any warning.

Thing is that even though I told her about the fact she had just smashed my kneecaps she still reclined the seat half way about 10 mins later. Ignorant cow ! I just made sure I kicked the seat every few mins to make it as uncomforable as possible for her. Thank the lord of flying that we didnt have to sit behind them on the way back ;-)

The really annoying thing is that I had warned my 7 year old not to kick the seat in front before we boarded and he was good as gold and didn't all the way through the flight :(

me , the missus and the lad (who was 1.5 years old at the time ) going to tenerife. Because of his age , he was not allowed his own seat(what the fook is that about). so the two and a half of us were crammed into two tiny seats.

Strange, I have travelled long haul (BA and virgin) and short haul (Ryan air) with my kids when they were under one and there was not problem buying seats for them. The only thing was for take off and landing that they had to be strapped to an adult, haha because obviously the adult would never crush them in the event of an accident.

Actually up to one is not to bad travelling with them, its when they get to two and over and they don't sit still that is a pain.

The problem was that the family in front had obviously paid for extra leg room as they were sat behind the toilets in the middle row

Strange, I have not seen that you can pay extra for seats behind the toilets. Normally these are reserved for families or people who need a air cot. TBH, its not always the nicest place to sit due to smell and TV is normally in the arm rest.

If you want emergancy exit or bulkhead seats then most airlines (except the budget one who are free for all) allow you to book your seats duing booking (you might need to sign up for their loyalty scheme) or online 24 hours before you fly.

Strange, I have travelled long haul (BA and virgin) and short haul (Ryan air) with my kids when they were under one and there was not problem buying seats for them. The only thing was for take off and landing that they had to be strapped to an adult, haha because obviously the adult would never crush them in the event of an accident.

Actually up to one is not to bad travelling with them, its when they get to two and over and they don't sit still that is a pain.

very strange..
we were told we couldn't buy a seat for a child under 2.
i would have gladly paid it.
on the way back, the plane was half empty and we had 3 seats to ourselves. what a diffrence it made......

aye its a nightmare,

but if ya are tall ya dont or should not have to pay extra for leg room,

just try and book in early and ask for a door seat...which is plenty to swing a cat.

anyway i hate when the person in front does it and the one behind pulling on your headrest.

i do put my seat back not all the way, only if no one is that seat behind i will,
or i will ask if its ok for me to put the seat all the way back.

manners cost £0

would it of been so annoying had you of had 12 beers mr peters, i think not, we know what you boltoners are like, fatty lovers!!! :banana:

lol

pmsl...funny enuff we go to texas a week on thursday ..
i wont recline my seat for 9 hours , but i bet u the fecker in front of me will...
i have a little tiny steel rod , only 1 inch long , blunt both ends .
im gonna ram it into the mechanism of the seat in front before we set off !!
fuk em ! :Clap:

Back