really need ur help !

Rat

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Right where to start :( without going into to much detail what I've done is scrwed through a radiator pipe under the floorboards :mad: well I just shut everything off while I fixed the pipe as u would ..here is where u come in ,I never switched the boiler off when I turned everything off :eek: and I should have ,now the boiler wont fire up again so no hot water :( and the council wont come out till Monday :eek: the boiler is flashing F9 in the display and the manual say call out enginer any help would be GREAT as we all need a bath coz we're begining to smell :eek:

PLEASE HELP :T

Have you tried switching power supply off & back on again, may do the trick m8.
Also check water pressure level in C/H coz if pressure too low it will not ignite pilot !!!
:) ;)

done power supply on/off havent checked the pressure ,will do that..cheers

The system might have air-locked.
So if the pump runs ok, try bleeding a few rads.

You need a radiator bleed valve key. Loosen the little valve in the top corner of radiator slightly. Hold an old towel or something just underneath it to keep the water off the floor.

Listen to it and you will hear the air coming out, then after a little while it will only be water coming out. Then its time to tighten the bleed valve:) Done!

it does sound like an air block ,I have bled the rads and Ive drained the tank in the loft the bled the rads again still no luck ???starting to give me a headache ..I was wondering if I have burned out the pump ? coz it may have been tring to hat up water that was not in the tank ?

thet shouldnt burn out the pump unless it was on for a long time. Do you have a spare thermocouple, it could be that which is stopping the ignition

boiler

Have you got a combi boiler rat?

Phew ! got it sorted now took the front off the boiler and was just touching things and found a little switch :) must be an override switch where it had no water running through it switched it's self off :confused: but turned it on and hey presto boiler fired up :) now all the Rats can have a bath lol :Clap:

Still worth getting the council to check it out though m8 you cant be too careful with gas thingys

Still worth getting the council to check it out though m8 you cant be too careful with gas thingys

yes M8 there coming out Monday Morning :)

crystal ball is faulty DIGI m8 lol...it's a Glow worm 18hxi high efficency condensing boiler ...means nothing to me m8 :eek: spoz to be good though ?

is a good boiler rat and has the same type of self diagnostic program. (i think my crystal ball needs a polish :) )

Speaking from a retailers perspective local council contracts are mainly gloworm condensing boilers but the one off plumber in my area where i live seem to prefer the good name off worcester boilers and i must say there call out for repairs on worcester is very good.

glow-worm f9

TO RAT got the same problem.took off the covers etc .couldn't find the reset switch you found only the fuse PLEASE help,5 sproglets to bathe!

new to this site.thick as a brick! trying to get a message to rat. I can't find the reset switch he came across. found the fuse on the circuit board but no switch desparate please help.thanx.

is it the same boiler m8 ? to b honest I just fiddled about and pressed some button and it worked ,sorry I cant be more specific m8

was the button on the actual board ?fuse and transformer at the bottom(nearest to you)or somewhere else.sorry to be a niusance but the wife's freezing and she doesn't want to go to bed yet!

it's an 18 hxi but i can't see not even 1 button to press .going insane!

all I remember is messing about round the left hand side m8 ,my boiler is in a cupboard m8 so I cant see in there to look for the switch I just felt for it
I know what u are going through m8 :( and I feel for u ..feel round the left side

Back