reading mosc, setting net id

abcd

Inactive User
Reaction score
hello guys iv got myself in a bit of a pickle here:

recently bought a second v+ box (was working perfectly in different city) just to use in the spare room until n3 comes along.

I have only ever used fun cards before so when i tried reading the mosc (just so i cud put the bk and ird onto a fun card instead) my dynamyte programmer said it cudnt detect the sim and to give it a clean or insert it properly. I tried different fun cards and they worked fine. Does this programmer not read moscs?

There is no password or anythng on the card so i dont need to unglitch it...?

Also my net id isnt setting even tho i am in a pure area. It is saying there is no t stream in EM, which i cant understand. The signal is gd enough for my current box to work fine when i try it in the same feed.
I dun sum reading and fun card method seems ok but i dont hav the bk and ird as i cant read the mosc.
and Id rather not have to open the box up and "replace a certain chip with a blank chip"

Any tips/pointers/suggestions?

been connected up for 3 hours now and still no joy - direct connection i.e. no splitters or anythin

yea gives me an option to set it to different Mhz....

wen i set phoenix to that Mhz what should i b doing? bcoz im using phoenix it doesnt let me do anything else with the programmers software.

iv tried reading it using nagraedit and xncs (nt sure if this can b done) but it says opening of Com1 failed / unable to open com port

wen i set phoenix to that Mhz what should i b doing? bcoz im using phoenix it doesnt let me do anything else with the programmers software.

iv tried reading it using nagraedit and xncs (nt sure if this can b done) but it says opening of Com1 failed / unable to open com port

you read it with nagra m8..........are you shure you got the correct comport set in nagra.........try com2

make shure your usb and serial lead are connected to the programer

failin to open any of the coms.

not sure wats up:S card is in the right way....

failin to open any of the coms.

not sure wats up:S card is in the right way....

have you got a serial lead connected to your dynamite m8 ?????????wont work otherwise.

usb and serial needs to be connected

your serial lead needs to be connected before you plug in the usb

oops - i always wondered wat that was for.

so basically with the dynamyte i cant get the bk and ird then?

any ideas y the net id isnt autoupdating even tho im in pure area?

oops - i always wondered wat that was for.

so basically with the dynamyte i cant get the bk and ird then?

any ideas y the net id isnt autoupdating even tho im in pure area?

was it a pure area the box was working in originaly ???otherwise you might have to try setting it with a funcard m8

set your dynamite in pheonix mode then read the card with nagra edit to get your bk/ird

Last edited:
no it was frm tw area, i was assuming bcoz i was pure it wud just automatically do it.

so my best option is to get a serial cable and use it to read the mosc in order to get the bk and ird. then use the fun net id method?

no it was frm tw area, i was assuming bcoz i was pure it wud just automatically do it.

so my best option is to get a serial cable and use it to read the mosc in order to get the bk and ird. then use the fun net id method?

yes m8 you need a serial lead...........hopefully the funcard should set it when you get the details off the card...BUT you will most proberbly have to take the eeprom off the mainboard and erase it 1st

Few things....

Firstly, you will definitely need to remove and reprogram the 512 chip under the board to set your NET ID

Secondly, even though you will get the programmer working, be careful what you use to read the card (don't just start hitting buttons on mrom etc) or you could wipe your card.

You say the card isn't locked, do you mean its a B0D that has been glitched open for you or a non blockered image? Once you get your programmer up and running try reading in nagra and see what revision you get

Damn I was dreading having to do anything inside the box

unless your great at soldering don't bother theses chips are proper tiny i killed a couple of boxes myself ,turned out to be a expensive project .your best bet is trying to get a box for your area....good luck

Back