rapidshare, torrents, nzb

i only use newsgroups, torrent now and again if can't find something and i really want it.

Newsgroups for me. Fastest speeds and max out your connection. Rapidshare and IRC next best speed and finally Torrents. Never seem to get rerally good speeds on torrents but they're good for older stuff. Whereas newsgroups carry mainly newer stuff.

Newsgroups for me, max out connection and as madnlooney said, it pays for itself. I have been using them for years and never had a problem.

How so? It's Apps/Movies/Games/Etc people are grabbing, no...?

£60 a year, isn't feck all to me.

thats two xbox games .. l download 2 a week , and sell a few to the lads a work lol and u can use free servers for 7 day old nzbs

My mate uses NZB's but I don't fancy paying for stuff like that, to me it seems odd paying for warez, it defeats the object, surely...??? (Are there freebie ones available?)

I've got an RS account, but I use that for personal storage, so I make use of that, and benefit from the download side of having an A/C.

news.virginmdia.com if you are on cable its free 7 days retention though.
i use that torrents for music and still max my 20 meg conection out just need to find the right site.
most 360 games and hd wmv i donload from virgin news servers.

thats two xbox games .. l download 2 a week , and sell a few to the lads a work lol

I appreciate what you're saying, and yep, if you flog stuff on, it's fine, and I'm not knocking it, or anybody that uses it, at all... Not sure I've ever flogged anything I've nabbed TBH.

It just seems a bit odd to me, paying for warez stuff... I've always got my stuff free, mainly from access to decent ftps etc, and some RS stuff. That said, I've not really bothered with any of it for a while now, so I guess my elevated priv's will be elapsed now anyway, so access to the decent ftps will no longer be there.

and u can use free servers for 7 day old nzbs

What's that mean mate?

dont get me wrong l dont sell as a side line .. bit of fun and pays for the disc's l use ,, 5 quid for and printed dl xbox game and l mod there boxes for free lol ...

news.virginmdia.com is a free server m8 .. it works but u have to be fast to get the film or game u need

news.virginmdia.com if you are on cable its free 7 days retention though.
i use that torrents for music and still max my 20 meg conection out just need to find the right site.
most 360 games and hd wmv i donload from virgin news servers.

Do I need a username and password for the virgin media server?

i prefer rapidshare, with a good premium account...

news.virginmdia.com is a free server m8 .. it works but u have to be fast to get the film or game u need

Cheers mate, will take a looksy, and see what it's like, seeing as it's free...! Anything else I need to know about NZB's...?

As others have said its NZB all the way purely for speed i pay 3.85 a month for 25 gig and very rarely ever hit that if we want to watch a film one night its there 5 to 10 mins. Still use torrents for smaller stuff and not in a rush for, its the way forward.

I'm dead dubious about using my ISP's free server, when they're known to try and clamp down on piracy, for downloading stuff

I'm dead dubious about using my ISP's free server, when they're known to try and clamp down on piracy, for downloading stuff

They are usually crap anyway m8. Incomplete posts or missing groups and crap retention. Best to use a dedicated server like Ngroups Giganews etc.

They are usually crap anyway m8. Incomplete posts or missing groups and crap retention. Best to use a dedicated server like Ngroups Giganews etc.

Yes i can second that stopped using after about a week lol.

My mate uses NZB's but I don't fancy paying for stuff like that, to me it seems odd paying for warez, it defeats the object, surely...??? (Are there freebie ones available?)

I've got an RS account, but I use that for personal storage, so I make use of that, and benefit from the download side of having an A/C.
I agree with you, I dont see the point in paying for pirated stuff.

Back