rapidshare, torrents, nzb

wilson1980

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
what do u guys think is better..ii used to use torrent sites years ago like demoniod which i found really good back then..i then moved onto nzb files and not so long ago onto rapidshare which i thought ws good at the time..now i seem to b going backwards again cause used demoniod (first time in bout 2 year) last week for ds games and was shocked to why i stopped usin them cause i managed to get loads..rapidshare seems to b ok for my own use as in if i wanted a film i will get it,burn and play it but cause its only like 700mb i can watch it no probs but unless someone else has a divx or avi player there buggered..like my wee girl..mount off times i sent her back to her mums with dvd's that she couldnt play.even music cd,s.so went and joined giganews again for the films and music but only thing about them is there dearest out the lot off them..signed up for the 35 gig a month and seemed to have rattled that within a couple off days..rapidshares cheap but again i used a site called katz for my raidshare links but amount off dead links u get and then u google for the link u wanted and can spend ages tryin to get one thast workin..so was kinda thinkin what people here use just incase ive missed something out worth tryin :xmas::xmas:

NZB all the way for me, encrypted and lighting fast.

I can grab an NZB 10x faster than a torrent, to dependant on others etc.

I use torrents occasionally, I usually find an album is up much quicker on torrent sites than NZB or sometimes files I can only find on torrent.

Rapidshare pisses me off, useful for the odd file or two but i find it far to slow and not having an account means having to wait.

Purely for speed newsgroups are the best in my eyes, most torrent sites are hit & miss, sometimes you'll get a good rate other times it's really poor.

I was paying for a usenet subscription and really got my moneys worth from it!

i paided for the rapidshare..not much for a month like but if somethings not on the site i use, it can b a pain in the arse to find it..can c me just payin the full wack to download as much as i want on giganews.. cause wee girls at the age(6) now where she just wants to watch loads off films when she stays at mine..she watched transfromers last night till 1.30 in the mornin with me and loved it lol

like my wee girl..mount off times i sent her back to her mums with dvd's that she couldnt play...so was kinda thinkin what people here use just incase ive missed something out worth tryin :xmas::xmas:

Pop along to Tesco and pickup a Technika DVD-1033 (£17.97)for your wee girl i'm sure she will appreciate it.

You can Burn 6 of those 700MB Movies on a DVD :D

(Technika DVD-1033 DVD Player - Tesco.Direct)

Last edited:
Newsgroups all the way. Where else can you download a 360 game and 5 HD movies (that you'll never watch) in one night?

Newsgroups all the way. Where else can you download a 360 game and 5 HD movies (that you'll never watch) in one night?

l bet l have more unwatched movies than u lol ... "that looks good l'll have that and that one , r and that one "

gods knows why because as soon as someone in the house asks me for a film to watch l havent got the one they want and it only takes 5 minutes to download them anyway and straight to the xbox ,,
newsgroups is abit like films on demand lol

LOL i cut my teeth on IRC bots, queing them up with an adapted Invision client, ah the memories !

My mate still has access to dumps but I don't use them as I think, knowing him, that they are probably hosted on MI5 servers on the secret.

Newsgroups for me, I max my 20mb conn out and so nothing is out of reach.

Messa

Nzb's would be mt first choice, especially for large files, but rapidshare is just so handy for smaller files, especially the sort you see on forums n fancy having a look at. I hardly ever use torrents now but would still use them for hard to find stuff.

Got to say i find Rapidshare ok for one or 2 files but the waiting is a pain in the :ASSFLASH:. I used to use torrents but i have now seen the light with newsgroups and finally got it set up on sunday night already got 7 wii games since then :sneaky: and all i can say is fook me lol. I will still use torrents for some files if i cant find them on newsgroups and other bits but newsgroups is the way forward for me.

yeah its got to be newsgroups for me too i used to use torrents but people have said b4 its a hit and a miss but i did notice what is a pain is getting decent music of of newsgroups and info would be good i use the dogz for nzb

Has to be newsgroups none of the hosts log any information, all downloaded traffic is encrypted as long as you're newsgroup company supports it's

Only other thing I use is ftp from time to time

My mate uses NZB's but I don't fancy paying for stuff like that, to me it seems odd paying for warez, it defeats the object, surely...??? (Are there freebie ones available?)

I've got an RS account, but I use that for personal storage, so I make use of that, and benefit from the download side of having an A/C.

for warez ? your missing the point here ,, theres everything u need at full speed .. if u have a 20mb connection u get 700 in ten minutes . and comments on the download , ie if its full of viruses or a crap copy and so on ,, 5 quid a month is fook all

l have a rapidshare account too for the odd ball stuff

Back