rapidshare, torrents, nzb

As others have said its NZB all the way purely for speed i pay 3.85 a month for 25 gig and very rarely ever hit that if we want to watch a film one night its there 5 to 10 mins. Still use torrents for smaller stuff and not in a rush for, its the way forward.

LOL my meter has just hit 1162gb from Hitnews in a few months

:)

THATS y i pay extra each month.

Messa

LOL my meter has just hit 1162gb from Hitnews in a few months

THATS y i pay extra each month.

Messa

I just went o renew my hitnews and the feckers have finally redirected me to xennews, I know people have been reporting this for months but it's only just happened to me and I renew each month depending on my requirments, I don't have an annual sub.

Anyway, just found a dutch proxy and routed around it, feck off am I paying the xennews inflated prices for the same service.

Although all those that got a year when the changed will be laughing now, the 4.75 euro nighttime account came out as £4.78 through paypal. Up from £3.30ish last month

I agree with you, I dont see the point in paying for pirated stuff.

I don't see the point in not really, a few quid a month gives me what I want, when I want. Say an xbox 360 game for example, I've only ever downloaded one from a torrent because the retention of the NZB was over my providers limit, it took about 3 weeks compared to 90 minutes.

An HD episode of Lost, PB or Damages is 15 mins, auto unrared ready to go, it's easily over an hour for me on torrents, not to mention any decent torrent site has ratio monitoring so I have to run the risk of uploading and sharing (which is the uber illegal part) coupled with torrents open up a qazillion connections 99% of which are redundant but hog the routers resources all the same Vs grabits 8 connections.

I guess the bottom line is how fast do you want stuff, for me I'd rather just get it and it;s done. I reckon the money I spend on NZB's is less than that which I would spend leaving my PC or laptop on for 3 solid weeks to download something, probably a virus.

And the real winner for me is Par's, something I'd never heard of before I started using NZB's, so if a file is corrupt or missing a part I don't have to re-download the whole thing or find an alternative as I would with torrents.

Just my opinion of course but case closed

Last edited:
Yeah I managed to get another 12 month membership when I heard about the change, payed through paypal and it seemed to help as I got the dutch rate again.

Messa

I agree with you, I dont see the point in paying for pirated stuff.

Your paying for the use of there infrastructure.

Dedicated servers and 1Gigabit Backbones not the material.

Vs

Leeched to **** protocol on home networks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, I give in...!

Somebody hook me up with where to look, and what to use, but for a cheap, and I mean cheap, price. Preferable as a one off monthly payment to start with, in case I think feck this...! ;)

I'm using ngroups (nice and cheap)
Upcoming periods: each 3 Month(s) à GBP 14.99
not bad for unlimited and unlike most it lets multi ips login great for maxing out 2 modems :)

news.virginmedia.com is ok. virgin are using newhosting servers or was last time i checked

Ok, I give in...!

Somebody hook me up with where to look, and what to use, but for a cheap, and I mean cheap, price. Preferable as a one off monthly payment to start with, in case I think feck this...! ;)

U use grabit for downloading
nzbsrus or nzbmatrix for indexing (both are free but have limitations unless you pay a one off$10 so I use the former for older stuff as their limit is 5 a day, i use the latter for newer stuff has they have a 20 day limit)

I use hitnews.eu as a server but I think it redirects you to xennews nowadays, unless you use a dutch proxy, although a friend signed up 2 days ago and got hitnews.eu ok so maybe they allow new subs to rope you in.

Might check out this server ^^^^^, about the same price with multiple modems!!! Sounds good.

Thanks guys, will look in to that...

newsleecher or ultraleecher both very good

I remember when ultraleecher started got a lifetime member pass with ultra search for $10

Back