Rangers stars dominate PFA awards

RAB - P

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Rangers today swept the board in the nominees for the 2009/10 SPFA Player of the Year.

Ibrox skipper David Weir, top scorer Kris Boyd and midfielder Steven Davis are on the four-man shortlist – along with Gers defender Andy Webster, who has spent the season on loan at Dundee United.

And emerging 18-year-old defender Danny Wilson has also been nominated for the Young Player of the Year award.

The Light Blue contingent will discover who has been voted top man by their fellow professionals at a glitzy bash in Glasgow on May 2. And, by that time, skipper Weir hopes that the SPL championship will be wrapped up and in the bag.

Walter Smith’s side are five points away from retaining their crown following last night’s 0-0 draw with Dundee United at Tannadice.
SPFA PLAYER OF THE YEAR

Kris Boyd, Steven Davis, David Weir (all Rangers), Andy Webster (Dundee United).

YOUNG PLAYER OF THE YEAR

David Goodwillie (Dundee United), Leigh Griffiths (Dundee), Anthony Stokes (Hibs), Danny Wilson (Rangers).

FIRST DIVISION

Michael Gardyne (Ross County), Leigh Griffiths (Dundee), Gary Harkins (Dundee), Adam Rooney (Inverness Caley).

SECOND DIVISION

Rory McAllister (Brechin), Paul McQuade (Cowdenbeath), Bryan Prunty (Alloa), Gareth Wardlaw (Cowdenbeath).

THIRD DIVISION

Barry Douglas (Queen’s Park), Liam Fox (Livingston), James Stevenson (East Stirling), Robbie Winters (Livingston)

Chosen by a completely unbiased team of experts in the following bar...

279302435_d81877050c.jpg

lol, I was looking for that picture, I couldn't find it. :)

I bet it's in your favourites ;)

Witchy,

You don't really think any of our lot should be shortlisted though, do you?

Give the young player to Leigh Griffiths though, just for his blog. The real one, not that BBC one.

Witchy,

You don't really think any of our lot should be shortlisted though, do you?

Give the young player to Leigh Griffiths though, just for his blog. The real one, not that BBC one.

Not at all mate, I was having a laugh :)

BTW, I've sat in the Louden for an entire night and walked out the place absolutely pished. It was actually quite a decent wee drink hole, it was very quiet and no one said anything that I found upsetting.

I was there with Father in law, who is a Blue Nose.

That was a Wednesday night (IIRC) I wouldn't like to be there an hour or two before a match on a Saturday, lol.

Back