Rangers FC Thread

Somebody needs to take a pair of scissors to those shorts in the first photo RAB.

think his got lost in the post and he had to borrow those ones from The Man with the 10-Stone Testicle.

shaun127 RabP good to see you posting again Mate. Hope you're OK Bud.

everything tickety boo, just been chillin' and sorting some family stuff..

A dreadful disease that must be even harder to take when you have been an athletic and sporty person.
Motor neurone disease is a severely life-shortening condition for most people and life expectancy for about half of those with the condition is three to four years from the start of symptoms.
So my thoughts are with his family and I hope that he manages a reasonable quality of life for the remainder of his time.

Fernando-Ricksen-2659237.jpg

All the very best to Fernando, stay strong and keep fighting,

barscarf.gif

And a Merry Christmas to you and all fellow blue noses ;)
And all other (non Blue noses ) lol

Remembering The 66

RANGERS will remember those who died in the 1971 Ibrox Disaster tomorrow with a short wreath-laying ceremony outside the stadium.

Manager Ally McCoist, club legend Sandy Jardine and club directors will take part in the event at the John Greig statue on Edmiston Drive at 2pm.

Jardine will place the wreath at the foot of the statue on behalf of the Light Blues before a minute’s silence is observed.

Tomorrow it will be 43 years since 66 Gers supporters tragically died when there was a crush on Stairway 13 at Ibrox Stadium after a derby match against Celtic.

The incident happened in the moments after the game had finished 1-1, following two goals in the final two minutes from the visitors’ Jimmy Johnstone then home player Colin Stein.

As a crowd of 80,000 fans filtered out on to the surrounding streets, many fell coming down stairs on a passageway at the Copland Road end of the ground.

Steel barriers crumpled under the weight of so many people and the consequences were horrifying.

It was the biggest single loss of life at a Scottish football match and it remains the darkest incident in the Light Blues 141-year history.

The Ibrox Disaster affected many families in Glasgow and beyond at the time and continues to impact on them to this day.

Gers supporters have worked tirelessly to ensure those who passed on are never forgotten through various tributes and memorials.

With Rangers’ next home match not until January 11, there will also be a minute’s silence ahead of tomorrow’s away League One fixture at Airdrieonians.

The club asked the Diamonds if it would be possible to do that given how long it will be until Gers play at Ibrox again and they very kindly agreed to the request.

Jardine said: “We are extremely grateful to Airdrieonians Football Club for agreeing to the minute’s silence before tomorrow’s game.

“Rangers’ next home match against East Fife won’t be for another nine days and we thought it would be too long after the anniversary to do it at Ibrox.

“We felt it was more appropriate given the team is playing this evening that it happened here and we thank everyone at Airdrie for respecting our wishes and joining our tribute.”

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/5904-remembering-the-66

Sad, Sad day. First time I ever saw my dad crying.
Respect to Airdrieonians for doing that.
R.I.P.

A story from a Glasgow Taxi Driver..........................

A Celtic fan got in my taxi the other night.....pished....."I wiz at Parkheid the day driver" Aye I replied..... "Did you win?” I asked “Aye two nuffin thats us tap a the league!!”he said …. “Oh, how many points ahead of THE RANGERS are you?” I asked.
He squinted at me and slurred "We're no in the same League as Rangers.....hic.”
"AYE AND DONT YOU FECKING FORGET IT PAL.." I replied !!!

:thumbsup:

[h=1]Peter Lawwell expects 'stronger' Rangers in top flight[/h]http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26772449

R.I.P. Sandy Jardine, a True Legend and one of my boyhood heroes,

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited by a moderator:
Petitioning Graham Wallace to Give written legally binding assurances to fans that Ibrox stadium will not be sold or used as security for any loans

Ibrox stadium has been the home of our club for over 100 years and due to mistrust of the board of directors, many fans are unhappy that no legally binding assurances have been forthcoming from the board and a recent club statement declared that the board are unwilling to provide such assurances.

The board agree that the stadium is sacrosanct and state they will not sell or use as security. The word of the board can not and will not be accepted by many fans due to a number of recent statements that have since proven innacurate and untrue. Fans also wish to be protected if the current board should be replaced in the future.

They have also declared they wish to build trust with the fan base and this action would go some way in improving any relationship

https://www.change.org/en-GB/petiti...nk&utm_medium=email&utm_source=share_petition

Back