Rafa - Dead man walking

As a neutral I think Rafa has lost the plot ! I watched the game and the best Liverpool player (on the day) was Babel and he took him off WTF lol does he watch a different game ? lmao as for Champions League Inter Milan are 11 points clear in the Serie A and are on fire at the moment, good luck for Tuesday I think you will need it

Hi

I hope he stays as manager even though i have been dissapointed with lacklustre perfomances and selections. Overall he`s been a good manager as I remember where we were before he came.

These players are good enough to beat the likes of Luton,Barnsley,Havent etc they`re premiership players no matter who is selected from the squad.

I know they`re a long way away from competing wth the top 3. Every time Man U Arsenal or Chelsea have got the ball you think they`r going to score whereas Liverpool dont.

The manager inevitably is responsible but I hope he stays and does a Fergie in what he achieved after the sack loomed on him.

Ha has won 5 of his last 13 domestic matches one against Luton, after they had lost some of their players, one against a non league team after going behind twice, one against Derby, already relegated and one against Sunderland who were in the bottom 3.

These are the kind of results that I expect from a team in the bottom 3.

Now Rafa picks the team, and the tactics and then its his job to motivate the players to go and get a result.

When he sends out a weakened side he motivates the opposition, firstly they think Liverpool obviously dont rate us so we will show them, then they think "no Gerrard, no Torres" we must have a chance today.

If Gerrard and Torres are on the teamsheet they are more likely to think " hope we can keep the score down to less than 6-0, and thats then playing a side that is already beaten as opposed to playing a sidde who think that they have a great chance of getting a result.

What is also happening is because of the poor results teams that would normally fear playing Liverpool are now thinking " hey we have got a chance against these" and so it goes on.

Look at the big 3
Chelsea............ does anybody think that they can win when they go there no
Man U ............ does anybody think that they can win when they go there no
Arsenal............ does anybody think that they can win when they go there no

But it is now a different story at Liverpool

Rafa needs to play players more consistently when the players have momentum..

and then the results will come in..

these" and so it goes on.

Look at the big 3
Chelsea............ does anybody think that they can win when they go there no
Man U ............ does anybody think that they can win when they go there no
Arsenal............ does anybody think that they can win when they go there no

But it is now a different story at Liverpool

Agree m8 whats happened to the so called Anfield Fortress. His constant squad rotation and signing have turned us in to a laughing stock. Teams dont fear us and that wont help in our quest for 4th place. Alot of fans point towards Utd buying all the expensive talent. Well anyone see Fletcher yesterday for Utd. He's not exactly a world class player and he didnt break the bank for Utd yet he was playing with passion and his shirt yesterday it hurts me to say. Obviously fired up from his manager before the game.

Dont see that from any of our players except Gerrard occasionaly. Our players dont respect Raffa Im sure of it. They must think he's some kind of walk over or soft touch as they keep repeating the same performance week in.

Are You Liverpool fans completly off your trolleys !!!!!
First of all the Champions League We won in 2005 was actually Gerrard Hoillers team !!!!!
The League performances we have seen from them have been a joke !!!!
Got lucky in the rounds prior to being sent packing !!!!
The team has not got a clue what they are doing and cannot gel !!!!
And yet the Liverpool fans stand behind him !!!!
The Americans were right to look for a new manager and Jose Mourino would prob be the best man (also the only way Gerrard is going to stay)
There's no future for Liverpool and Rafa says the team is still young well I saw Man utd yesterday and there young lads have got something ours haven't skill determination and passion. Sort it for next season now or it's another season of if's and buts !!!!!!!!!
Rant Over !!!!!!!!

Even though the majority of the 2005 CL team was there with Houllier, he never got us to the CL final, Alonso and Garcia played major roles in the group stages and the final and they were not Houllier players. Also Rafa took us there again last year and we played better in last years final than what we did in 2005.

League performance this year has been sh1t, in fact all performances have been sh1t as we scrapped through the group stages of CL this year.

Don't be at it with Jose...that nob plays boring football and only won with Chelski cos he had loads of money to spend, once that tap was turned off he couldnt get it to work and took the huff, besides that he disrespected us at final of Mickie mouse cup and is not wanted at Anfield.

Who else is there that can work on a limited budget.

So why sell Garcia, he would have been a big plus this season. He was talking of selling riise, hes another class player. if we fail tuesday, its more or less over for rafa!

So why sell Garcia, he would have been a big plus this season. He was talking of selling riise, hes another class player. if we fail tuesday, its more or less over for rafa!
garcia wanted to move back to spain
and its no good keeping a player who wants to move

i have my doubts over rafa
but look at what we have won with him
bleeding hell i bet the big team :roflmao:
everton
would have loved to have won half of them

i am againt the constant changing
but hey
liverpool 1 match played the other team off the park
next match same team
and what happened
nowt
i think paco leaving has changed us
i belive he was the fella that made us fight

we need a fella like paco again
to instill some pride/backbone

gerrard doesnt allways play great
why??
would u pull ur balls off every match and see others not prefoming
i dont think i would

what we need is to instill into the players what pride they should have when they pull on the red shirt

exactly dave, rafa is a good tactician but obviously lacks something in the motivating and teambuilding department.
I truly believe that just about every player in our squad can be great players for us, but they lack motivation , pride , drive.
Rafa needs help, paco was with rafa for 11 years plus. they were a team and worked well together, what rafa lacked paco had in abundance.
Rafa is now on his own at probably the hardest time of his career, he hasnt even appointed another N0.2.
Even Ferguson relies on his No.2 to deflect flak or defend his decisions, Rafa has no-one and looks like he is going to implode at any second !!!!

I fear for us against Milan, but at least the players should be able to motivate themselves for this one.

aye am hoping the lads can put in a performance tonight- we need to get some pride back! So disappointed with the result at the weekend- but I have noticed many people have followed the bandwagon easily and calling for Rafas head. The fact of the matter is that team he put out on Saturday shud have played Barnsley off the park. seeker and Dave r right there is seems to be a distinct lack of motivation from the players at the moment and that has coincided with Paco leaving. The sooner Rafa gets a number 2 the better, I will stil be supporting both Rafa and the team tonight as that we as Liverpool fans shud do in this situation.

aye am hoping the lads can put in a performance tonight- we need to get some pride back! So disappointed with the result at the weekend- but I have noticed many people have followed the bandwagon easily and calling for Rafas head. The fact of the matter is that team he put out on Saturday shud have played Barnsley off the park. seeker and Dave r right there is seems to be a distinct lack of motivation from the players at the moment and that has coincided with Paco leaving. The sooner Rafa gets a number 2 the better, I will stil be supporting both Rafa and the team tonight as that we as Liverpool fans shud do in this situation.

Always mate !! you'll never walk alone . :proud:

Back