Racism on site

racism is not allowed on any other site , and is well modded ..
Why allow it on here ? joke or no joke .. /
i think a line needs to be drawn , french , paddys , imo is not the same as the p words and n words ..come on guys use yer noggins !!

I tell you what we will do, we will close both the joke and adult sections.....

That way no one can get offended!!!

Either grow a pair of balls, or dont look in those sections.....simples!

I'm sorry MH, but that's the 'ostrich' defence. I think it's admin that needs to grow the balls here, not the members.

racism is not allowed on any other site , and is well modded ..
Why allow it on here ? joke or no joke .. /

The Elephant in the room, at last.

Overreaction! Just apply forum rules and simple common decency.

Not the answer mate with that logic you would be as well closing the forum as these posts would find there way into other sections :(

Paki is just a shortened version of Pakistani, how can that be racist? just like the Chinks, The Paddy's, the jocks, Do you see them complain about jokes, they just laugh it off like any normal person. Why when a subject of this nature comes up it's automatically racist.Wake up and grow a sense of humour that is what I say.

Paki is just a shortened version of Pakistani, how can that be racist? just like the Chinks, The Paddy's, the jocks, Do you see them complain about jokes, they just laugh it off like any normal person. Why when a subject of this nature comes up it's automatically racist.Wake up and grow a sense of humour that is what I say.

Its not the use of the word paki thats the problem its the context its used in thats the problem. These posts are only posted for one reason. and that is not to make people laugh its to offend. Thats my view and will remain my view

i read a post on here last week when someone called digi a 'sheep shagging taffy' or words to that effect.... what did digi do?? nothing!! he laughed it off like and other reasonable person would!!!

Racism my lilly white arse!!!

Not the answer mate with that logic you would be as well closing the forum as these posts would find there way into other sections :(

Exactly.....

Anyway surly calling me a Scot is racist, especially if the the shortened version of Pakistani is???

i read a post on here last week when someone called digi a 'sheep shagging taffy' or words to that effect.... what did digi do?? nothing!! he laughed it off like and other reasonable person would!!!

Yes mate thats called banter and most of us understand banter. Its not a good anaolgy imo :(

Its not the use of the word paki thats the problem its the context its used in thats the problem. These posts are only posted for one reason. and that is not to make people laugh its to offend. Thats my view and will remain my view

this is spot on...its the context of the word , people say it as if it is a dirty word..thats the problem .
Taff , jocks and the likes are much more light hearted.

feck, my secrets out!!!!

we're all grown ups here, well, most of us are grown up.

if you went to a public place, where you could hear EVERYONE speaking, and theres thousands of people speaking all at once, some of what you hear will offend you

some jokes are MEANT to offend, thats what gives them their punchline

nothing any worse than what youd hear if you stood in a busy pub for a few hours is posted here imo. if you heard a buy in the pub telling a joke that you didnt like, would yo go and tap him on the shoulder. tell him youre offended and ask him to never say something like that in public ever again?

too racist, pfffft, cant wait to read the moans in another 6 months time about how strict it is here, again

french , paddys , imo is not the same as the p words and n words ..come on guys use yer noggins !!

I don't see the difference?

Blame the Romans, they started to refer to black people as nigers

And we all know Paki is short for Pakistani so what's the difference between saying someone's a paddy or saying someone's a paki?

Back